《绝望的主妇》第23期:你是说我是个失败的母亲?
日期:2013-03-19 17:03

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

NARRATOR: Doctor Albert Goldfine was the most accomplished marriage counsellor in the city. He had dealt with problems ranging from substance abuse, to infidelity, to domestic violence. Yes, Dr. Goldfine thought he had seen it all. And then, he met the Van De Kamp's.
Albert Goldfein医生是城里最有经验的婚姻顾问。他处理过无数的婚姻,从吸毒、到婚外情、到家庭暴力。是的,Albert Goldfein医生以为他了解了婚姻百态,直到他遇见了Van de Kamps。
BREE: Hi, I'm Bree, and this is my husband Rex. And I brought you some homemade pot pourri.
你好,我是Bree,这是我丈夫Rex……我给你带了一些自制的香花。
REX: The answer is yes, you're about to make a fortune off us.
你猜得没错,你又要从我们身上赚大钱了。
LYNETTE: Boys, guys, I'm begging you, sit in your seats. I'm not gonna tell you again! Buckle up! I mean it, so help me, I…Oh ... crap!
家伙们,我非常……坐到座位上去。我不想再说一遍了,扣上安全带!我很认真,拜托,我要……,该死!该死!
OFFICER: License and registration please. Ma'am, you know why I pulled you over?
请出示驾照和登记证。夫人,你知道我为什么拦你吗?
LYNETTE: I have a theory.
愿闻其详。
OFFICER: Your kids are jumping up and down; they should be sitting, wearing a seatbelt.
这些小家伙爬上爬下,他们应该坐好,并系上安全带。
LYNETTE: I yelled at them. They never listen to me, it's very frustrating.
我让他们别这样,他们根本不听,真没办法。
OFFICER: Well, you're gonna hafta find a way to control them. After all, that's your job.
你要想办法制住他们。不过,那是你的工作。
NARRATOR: Though he'd been a policeman for 6 years. Officer Hayes had never found himself in a truly dangerous situation. Then again, he had never before told a woman how to raise her children.
尽管他已经干了六年的警察,Hayes发现他这次的处境才真正很危险。他以前从没告诉过一个女人,该怎样去管教孩子。
LYNETTE: You saying I'm a bad mother?
你是说我是个失败的母亲?
OFFICER: Ma'am, you need to get back in your car please.
夫人,请回到车里。
LYNETTE: I have no help, my husband's always away on business.
没有人帮我,我丈夫总是在外忙生意。
OFFICER: I'm gonna hafta ask you to step back now.
我必须警告你立刻回到车上。
LYNETTE: My babysitter joined the witness relocation program. I haven't slept through the night in 6 years.
我的管家换工作了,六年来我晚上从没好好睡过觉。
OFFICER: Ma'am...?
女士?
LYNETTE: And for you to stand there, and judge me.
而你却站在这儿,对我评头论足。
OFFICER: Okay. I'm not gonna give you a ticket. I'm just gonna let you off with a warning.
我不给你开罚单了,只是给你个警告。
LYNETTE: I accept your apology.
我接受你的道歉。

影片简介

Gabrielle和John的幽会被Carlos意料之外的回家打断,John光着下身跳出窗外,在树篱的掩护下做出割草的样子。闷闷不乐的Gabrielle向Carlos埋怨他们的婚姻不再有激情,Carlos允诺以后会经常为她带来惊喜。John向Gabrielle送上一朵玫瑰花,Gabrielle发觉这个还是是真地爱上了她了。

划红精讲

1. range from: 从……到……

eg. The jobs range from advertising sales to engineering.
工作范围从广告销售到工程师。

2. be about to: 将要,正打算

eg. But the old-fashioned image of Advent tourism may be about to change.
老式圣诞节旅游的景象有可能即将要改变。

3. make a fortune: 赚大钱

eg. In order to make a fortune, I have several friends of the sea, when the individual vendors.
为了发财我的几个朋友都下海了,当了个体商贩。

4. buckle up: 扣上安全带

eg. A sign just ahead of me said, "Buckle Up. It's the Law in Illinois."
在我前面的一个告示牌上写着“系上安全带,这是伊利诺伊州的法律”。

5. pull over: 靠向路边

eg. And if we have time, we will often pull over and pick it up.
只要时间来得及,我们总是将车开到路边并将垃圾捡起来。

6. yell at: 对……吼叫

eg. Don't yell at me like that!
别那么冲我喊叫!

7. step back: 退后

eg. I stepped back and analysed the situation.
我退一步分析了局势。

8. let off: 放掉/过;免除

eg. Because he was a Christian, the judge let him off.
因为他是一个基督徒,法官宽恕了他。

分享到
重点单词
  • substancen. 物质,实质,内容,重要性,财产
  • domesticadj. 国内的,家庭的,驯养的 n. 家仆,佣人
  • accomplishedadj. 娴熟的,有造诣的,完成的,有成就的,毫无疑问的
  • witnessn. 目击者,证人 vt. 目击,见证,出席,观察,经历
  • abusen. 滥用,恶习 vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待
  • rangen. 范围,行列,射程,山脉,一系列 v. 排列,归类于
  • infidelityn. 不信神,无信仰,背信
  • violencen. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行
  • narratorn. 叙述者,讲解员
  • licensen. 执照,许可证,特许 vt. 允许,特许,发许可证给