(单词翻译:单击)
原文试听
Everyone enjoys a game of make-believe now and then. Of course, the ways in which we play can vary greatly.
人们总喜欢偶尔自欺欺人,每人的表达方式不尽相同。
Sometimes we tell ourselves work won't interfere with our family life.
有时我们觉得工作不会影响家庭。
Lynette, staff meeting, now.
Lynette,准备员工会议,马上。
Yeah.
好的。
Sometimes, we imagine certain relationships to be more meaningful than they really are.
我们总是幻想某段关系比实际的更加美好和意义深远。
Occasionally, we put on a show, as if to convince ourselves our secrets aren't really all that terrible.
有时我们掩饰不安,像是一切总在预算之中,并不那么可怕。
Yes, the game of make-believe is a simple one.
自欺欺人的游戏,人们乐在其中。
Did you know Rex Van de Kamp?
你认识Van de Kamp?
Yes.
是的。
Did Mrs. Van de Kamp ask you to poison her husband?
是否Van de Kamp太太指使你毒杀其丈夫。
No.
没有。
Did you poison Rex Van de Kamp?
你有否向其丈夫投毒?
You start by lying to yourself...
只要你说服自己谎言是真的。
No.
没有。
And if you can get others to believe those lies, you win.
然后得你就可以让全世界相信这是真的,到想要的一切。
影视精讲
vary 不同
And the answer must vary with these presumed circumstances.
答案也必然随着这些情况而有所变化。
Customers enjoy choice, and their tastes vary.
顾客喜欢自由选择,而且各自喜好不一。
put on a show: 假装
They will put on a show criticising china as autocratic, saying china's culture is rubbish.
他们装模作样批判中国专制,说中国文化全部是垃圾。
lie to 撒谎
Do you sometimes lie to her?
你有时候会对他撒谎吗?
You start by lying to yourself...
只要你说服自己谎言是真的。