《绝望的主妇》第370期:我比任何人想象的要聪明
日期:2015-11-01 16:20

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

Wow! That's a kicking outfit.
哇哦,你打扮得真不错。
Well, thank you, sweetie. I clean up well for a wetback, don't I?
谢谢你,甜心。我这个墨西哥人,打扮的还不错吧。
Look, I'm not some sort of racist. I just want what's best for my baby girl.
我只是想为我的小女孩做最好的打算,我不是种族主义者。
I mean, why should I settle for middle-class Mexicans when I know I can find rich white folks to adopt her?
我为什么要考虑中产阶级的墨西哥人?我完全可以找到有钱的白人来收养她。
Please, do I look middle class to you?
拜托,我看起来像是个中产阶级吗?
Well, you didn't seem all that rich in Mr. Beale's office.
在Beale先生的办公室里,你看起来并不是那么有钱。
I mean, when I brought up the idea of gifts to your husband,
当我提出向你的老公要点礼物,
he acted like he couldn't even afford a Harley.
他表现得就像是连辆哈雷都买不起的样子。
So is that what it's going to take to change your mind?
这么说一件礼物就可以改变你想法?
A gift? Fine. What do you want?
是吗?好吧,你想要什么?
I don't know.
我不知道。
You like jewelry?
你喜欢珠宝吗?
Well, here.
给你。
Are these real diamonds?
这些是真的钻石?
Honey, the one in the center is three karats.
宝贝,中间的那个有3克拉。
I never touched a real diamond before.
我以前没有接触过真的钻石。
Well, my husband and I can expose you to a lot of nice new things.
我和我老公可以给你很多的好东东。
Well, only if I let you have my baby.
只要我给你们孩子。
Well, like they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch.
就像他们说的,天下没有免费的午餐。
Okay.
好吧。
Really? Just like that?
真的?就这样?
Just like that. Of course, we probably shouldn't tell the lawyer about our understanding,
就这样,当然你最好不要告诉律师我们之间的协议,
because then we'll have to deal with percentages and all that.
因为那样的话,我们就不得不计算清楚。
I always hated math.
我总是讨厌数学。
What's wrong?
怎么啦?
You never gave a crap that we were Mexican, did you?
你其实对我们是墨西哥人压根不在乎,是吗?
Not really.
是的。
So why put me through this?
那为什么要这样折腾我?
Because I thought if it looked like you weren't going to get my baby
因为我想,如果弄得好像你得不到孩子,
that you might be just a bit more generous.
可能会使你变得大方一些。
Wow. You're a lot smarter than I thought.
哇,你比我想象的要聪明。
I'm smarter than everybody thinks.
我比任何人想象的要聪明。

影视精讲

clean up 打扫; <口>赚钱; 整顿
Since then, the authorities have tried to clean up the sport.
从那以后,有关当局已努力整顿体育界。<口>

afford 提供; 买得起
The arts should be available to more people at prices they can afford.
艺术品应该以人们能够承受的价格面向更多的人出售。
Only the well-to-do can afford these houses.
只有富人能买得起这些房子。

Well, like they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch.
就像他们说的,天下没有免费的午餐。


settle for: 将就、满足于
I had hoped to get 1000 for my old car but had to settle for a lot less.
我那辆旧汽车原指望卖上 1000 英镑,後来少卖了很多也认了。

bring up: 提出、谈到
These are matters that you can bring up in committee.
这些问题你可在委员会中提出。

give a crap:【不看在眼里,不在乎crap: 废话、谎言】
Not that I gave a crap if they knocked you off, but I didn't like the idea of bunging the news to the old lady.不是怕人家把你干掉我会很伤心,而是不忍心让老太太听到这样的消息。

分享到