(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
NARRATOR: The sound that awakened my son was something he'd heard only once before, many years ago, when he was quite young. But he recognized it instantly. It was the sound of family secret. Seven days after my funeral, life on Wisteria Lane finally returned to normal. Which, for some of my friends, was unfortunate.
那声音吵醒了我的儿子,他听到过一次,很多年以前当他很小的时候。但他很快记起了这声音。这是家庭的秘密之音。在我的葬礼之后的第七天,Wisteria lane的生活逐渐正常,嗯,我的一些朋友……很不幸。
PARKER: Mommy, Mommy!
妈妈,妈妈!
LYNETTE: Now what.
什么?
PARKER: Daddy's home!
爸爸回家了!
TOM: Come on! Is everybody home?
家里有人么?
LYNETTE: Hey, yeah!
嗨!
SCAVO kids: Yeah, yeah!
耶!
TOM: Hey!
嗨!
LYNETTE: I wasn't expecting you for a week!
我已经快要不指望你了。
TOM: I have to go back to Frisco in the morning. When I got your call, you sounded a little frazzled.
我今早必须回frisco。我收到了你的口讯,你听起来有点疲惫。
LYNETTE: Yeah! It's been a little rough!
是啊,有点乱。
TOM: Hmm, yeah, peaches.
嗨,耶,Peaches。
PARKER: Daddy, Daddy, did you buy us any presents??
爸爸,你带了什么礼物么?
TOM: Oh god, presents. Oh, wait a minute, lemme see. Ooooh.
哦,天,礼物,等等,让我看看。噢!
SCAVO kids: Yaaaaayyy!
耶!
TOM: But I'm not gonna give it to you, unless you promise me that you're gonna go outside right now and practice throwing for 20 minutes, okay? You promise?
我不会给你们的,除非你们答应我马上去外面玩,然后练习20分钟, 好么?怎么样?
SCAVO kids: Yeay, yeah, yeah!!
耶!耶!耶!
TOM: Get out! Who's open! Go left!
谁开始,快出去!
SCAVO kids: Yeah yeah yeah!
耶!
TOM: Deeper, deeper, touchdown!
远点,远点!接着!
LYNETTE: Oh my god, oh my, oh!
哦,上帝,哦。
LYNETTE: Ooh, you gotta be kidding! I'm exhausted! I look terrible, I'm covered in peaches!
你开玩笑吧,我累死了。我看起来很脏乱。
TOM: Sorry baby, I gotta have you
没关系,宝贝,我想要你。
LYNETTE: Well, is it ok if I just lie here?
我就这么躺着可以么?
TOM: Absolutely.
当然。
LYNETTE: I love you
我爱你。
TOM: I love you more.
我更爱你……宝贝。
LYNETTE: Oh wait, I gotta tell you, I was having trouble with swelling, so the doctor took me off the pill, so you're just gonna have to put on a condom.
哦,等等,忘了告诉你,我有点不适,所以医生让我别吃避孕药了,你要带套子。
TOM: Condom?
避孕套?
LYNETTE: Yeah.
是的。
TOM: What's the big deal? Let's risk it.
没什么大不了的,我们赌赌看吧。
LYNETTE: Let's risk it?
赌赌看?
TOM: Yeah.
是的。
LYNETTE: Ooh!
哦!
影片简介
在Mary Alice Young 描述自己拥有的完美生活的画外音中,她对准自己的太阳穴扣动了扳机。Mary的自杀震惊了她最亲密的四个朋友,而她们自己的生活也充满了纷乱的变数。单身母亲Susan对新搬来的邻居Mike一见倾心,在女儿Julie的怂恿下,她主动送去了乔迁新居的贺礼。但是英俊的Mike还吸引了Edie Britt,这个多次离婚的性感女人请Mike去看一下。
划红精讲
1. go back to: 回去,返回;追溯到
(1)(停止一段时间后)回到(某任务、活动等)
eg. I now look forward to going back to work as soon as possible.
我现在盼望尽快回到工作中。
(2) 回到(讲座、讨论、书等的某一点)
eg. Let me just go back to the point I was making.
让我回到我刚才所谈的那一点上。
2. have trouble with: 与……有纠纷;有……的病痛
eg. I have trouble with my roommate.
我和我的室友相处起来有些问题。
eg. Adults more typically have trouble with paying attention, focusing and prioritizing.
成年人更加典型的症状则是很难集中注意力,关注某件事物,分清主次。
3. take off: 使停用
eg. But the idea has been slower to take off in Britain, for predictable reasons.
但在英国,由于可以想象的原因,这个概念没有很快获得接受。