《绝望的主妇》第210期:无奈的现实之人靠衣装
日期:2014-10-24 08:48

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Okay.
好了。
Wow! Nice. Oh, my god!
喔!很棒!哦天哪!
Okay, don't be distracted by that. Look at me.
好了,别为这个分散注意力,看我。
Here I am tomorrow, making my presentation.
我明天就这样做我的演讲。
You see? You see how it, how it moves with me? That's where the magic is.
看到了么?看到衣服怎么摆动了么?这就是魔力所在。
Nine hundred dollars?
900美元?
Yeah, well, this one was the most expensive. The other ones aren't as nice.
是啊,这是最贵的一套,其他的都没这么好。
But look. Look, look, look, look at me, look at me. Watch. I don't walk in it. I glide.
但,看看看,看,看,看我。看着我,看。穿着它我不是走动,而是滑动。
Um, honey, you know what? There's gotta be like three thousand dollars worth of clothes here.
嗯,宝贝,你知道么?这些衣服似乎要三千美元。
Yeah, well, I haven't bought a new suit in six years.
是啊,我都6年没买过套装了。
So? When I was working, you don't think I would have loved to have a designer suit?
那怎么了, 我工作的时候你以为我不想要件高级套装么?
I wore wash-and-wear so that we could live in a nice neighborhood,
我穿得都是便宜货,这样我们才能住在好的社区,
so we could take the kids on vacation every summer. I mean, I made sacrifices.
我们才能每年夏天带孩子们度假,我做出了牺牲。
I'm willing to make sacrifices.
我愿意做出牺牲啊。
Great, well, let's start here, because this should cover a math tutor for Parker.
很好,那就从现在开始,因为...这个足够给Parker找个数学家教了。
Whoa, hold on a sec.
噢,等等。
Six months of pre-school for Penny.
Penny半年的学前班费用!
All right, now you're being ridiculous.
好了,现在你有点荒谬了。
You know what? And the twins, they're gonna need braces.
知道么?还有双胞胎,他们需要矫正牙齿。。
That oughta make a dent.
这件的钱够他们用了
Oh, no. Come on, Tom. Not this one.
哦,别,行了。tom,别这件也算上。
Strip.
脱了。
You saw the walk, right? You wanna see the walk again? I'll tutor Parker myself.
你看到我走路的姿势了吧?想看我再走一次么?我给Parker当家教。
Honey, that'd be great. You also gonna take up home dentistry?
宝贝,那可好极了。你也想充当家庭牙医?
Fine. I'll take them back. Could you step out for a minute, please? I want to be alone with it for a little while.
好!我退了去。你能出去一会么?我想要独自和它呆一会。

影视精讲


make a dent: 引起注意,初见成效
The doctor told him to stop smoking, but it didn't make a dent.
医生让他停止抽烟, 但没有引起注意.

take up: 开始从事
He did not particularly want to take up a competitive sport.
他并不特别想从事竞技体育运动。
He left a job in the City to take up farming.
他辞去伦敦商业区的工作,开始务农。

step out: (尤指暂时的)离开
I don't regret stepping out of the security of marriage.
我并不后悔放弃了婚姻所带来的安全感。

分享到
重点单词
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • dentn. 凹痕,心理阴影,挫伤 vt. 弄凹 vi. 形成凹
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • competitiveadj. 竞争的,比赛的
  • tutorn. 家庭教师,导师 v. 当家庭教师,当导师,指导
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的
  • presentationn. 陈述,介绍,赠与 n. [美]讲课,报告
  • designern. 设计者
  • gliden. 滑动,滑过,流水 v. 滑动,滑翔,溜走