(单词翻译:单击)
原文试听
Well, the good news is he's, he's dead.
还好他,他已经死了。
He committed suicide. His death was on his terms. That's not justice.
他是自杀。那只能算他自己的。不能算恶人有恶报。
So, are you saying if he were executed, that it would be easier for you to get past this?
你的意思是如果他是他杀的,你会好受一点?
Of course.
当然。
George didn't intend to commit suicide.
George...本没有打算自杀。
He was trying to manipulate me into taking him back and he swallowed those pills hoping that I'd feel sorry for him.
他想利用自杀让我回心转意,他就吞了安眠药,想让我觉得内疚。
He just assumed that I would call an ambulance. When I got there, he was already slipping away.
他以为我肯定会叫救护车,我到房间时,他已经迷糊了。
I tried to get him to accept responsibility for what he'd done, but he wouldn't.
我想让他自愿承担自己所作所为的责任,但他不愿意。
So what'd you do?
那么你干吗了?
Nothing. I just sat there and let him die.
什么也没做。我就坐在那,看着他死去。
Oh, my god.
天啊!
He didn't die on his terms, Andrew. He paid for what he did to your father.
他不是自杀,Andrew。他算为你父亲之死偿命了。
Thank you for telling me this.
谢谢你告诉我。
影视精讲
intend to: 打算
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
历史对我来说会是亲切的因为我想要把它写下来。
The government didn't intend to become a longterm holder, we would expect them to get out of the stock. "
政府没打算长期持有这些股份,我们是希望他们能卖掉它们的。”
slip away: 悄悄离开,时间不知不觉溜走
Rich has neared the bait several times, only to slip away at the last moment.
他几次靠近诱饵,却总在最后一刻溜走。
Neiros would slip away from his father when he could.
如有可能,内罗斯会从他父亲身边溜走。
pay for: 偿还
How will you pay for your event?
你打算如何支付此次活动的费用?
Taxpayers should not pay for bank failures.
纳税人不应该为银行的错误买单。