(单词翻译:单击)
原文试听
Nothing is forever and the time comes when we all must say goodbye to the world we knew.
没有什么事情是永恒的。总会有跟我们熟悉的世界说再见的一天的。
Goodbye to everything we had taken for granted.
跟我们一直拥有的东西说再见。
Goodbye to those we thought would never abandon us.
跟一直陪伴着我们的人说再见。
And when these changes finally do occur,
当这一时刻真的来临的时候,
when the familiar has departed and the unfamiliar has taken its place,
身边的朋友相继离去,新面孔陆续出现,
all any of us can really do is to say hello and welcome.
我们就只能说一声你好,道一句欢迎。
影视精讲
say goodbye to: 和...说再见
Say goodbye to your colleagues and thank them for covering your butt while you ’ re away.
和你的同事说再见,谢谢他们在你不在时顶替你的工作。
Did you say goodbye to molly?
你跟molly说再见了吗?
take for granted: 认为理所当然
We now take for granted that science gives us otherwise invisible worlds.
现在,我们都想当然地认为科学带给我们不一样的隐藏的世界。
Don't take for granted what you have.
不要认为你所拥有的是理所当然的。
take the place of: 取代
Meanwhile customers are flocking to all flavors of the kindle as e-books rapidly take the place of bound books.
与此同时,随着电子书迅速取代纸质书,消费者们正在纷纷购买各种型号的Kindle。