《绝望的主妇》第203期:激将法即刻奏效
日期:2014-10-14 08:48

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


What's he doing here?
他到这里来干吗?
I have a pitch for you. I want to explain to you why it's in your best interest to allow me to represent you."
我给你找了个出路,我想解释给你听为什么。我认为你会对允许我来尊重你感兴趣。
Oh for Pete's sake, Carlos. At least listen to the man."
哦,看在上帝的份上, Carlos。你至少听他要说什么
I guess it beats sitting in my cell.
我想这比呆在我的牢房里好的多。
Now, I don't think you have a problem with me as a lawyer. Clearly, I'm the real deal. I sense your problem with me is more personal."
现在我知道我作为律师,你和我没什么问题。很明显,我公事公办。我感觉你和我的问题是因为私人原因。
You sense right.
你的感觉没错。
You want to know if I'm interested in sleeping with your wife. Well, the answer is yes.
你想知道我有没有兴趣和你太太上床,答案是我有。
Carlos, he's kidding. Tell him you're kidding.
他…Carlos,他在开玩笑,告诉他你在开玩笑。
Shut it.
闭嘴。
And clearly Gabrielle is willful, self-centered, and manipulative.
现在清楚了,Gabrielle是任性的,自我为中心并且很有心计,
She's also beautiful enough to be worth the trouble. So, the minute we leave this room I'm gonna aggressively pursue her.
她也漂亮的足够抵消这些麻烦了。所以当我们离开这间房间时,我会积极地追着她。
And when I succeed, which I will, we are gonna fly to my chateau in Chamonix and have dinner in a local bistro.
当我成功时,我会成功的,我们会飞到我在沙木尼(法国东部山谷,旅游胜地)的城堡去,然后在当地的小酒馆吃饭,
They make the best rack of lamb in all of Europe. We'll make love by the fire and afterwards a little midnight skiing.
他们做全欧洲最好的小羊肋骨肉,我们会在炉火边做爱,然后在半夜滑会儿雪。
You ski, don't you? You're athletic, you'll learn.
你滑雪的吧?你像个运动员你可以学。
Anyway. All of this only happens if you fire me. If you keep me on, your wife's off limits.
总之,这些都只会在你解雇我之后发生,如果你把我当作你的律师,你太太就很安全。
I'd get disbarred for sleeping with a client's wife and nobody's worth that, not even her. That's my pitch. I'll let you think about it.
因和客户的妻子有染而被取消执照,没人值得我那么做,她也不值得,这就是我的建议,我会让你好好考虑的。
Honey. I am so sorry. Honestly, that guy's insane!
亲爱的,我很抱歉。说真的,那个家伙很疯狂!
Oh, you just can't wait, can you?
你就是等不了,是吧?
What?
什么?
He's my lawyer.
他当我的律师。
But, Carlos-
可是,Carlos…
And that's all there is to it.
就这样了。

影视精讲


have a pitch for: 为…找到出路
Campaigning is reaching fever pitch for elections on November 6.
为11月6日选举进行的竞选活动逐渐达到白热化。
The President speaks in New York today, making another pitch for his economic program.
总统今天在纽约发表讲话,再一次为他的经济计划作宣传。

interested in: 对…有兴趣
Can I just ask something 'cos I'm really quite interested in this.
我能不能问个问题,因为我对这个真的很感兴趣。
They are only interested in preserving the power of the privileged.
他们只对维护特权阶层的权力有兴趣。

off limits: 界限外
Certain areas have been declared off limits to servicemen.
已经宣布一些地区军人不得出入。
A one-mile area around the wreck is still off limits.
沉船方圆一英里内仍然禁止进入。

分享到
重点单词
  • pitchn. 沥青,树脂,松脂 n. 程度,投掷,球场,音高 v
  • pursuev. 追捕,追求,继续从事
  • willfuladj. 任性的,故意的,有意的
  • manipulativeadj. 操纵的,巧妙处理的
  • fevern. 发烧,发热,狂热 v. (使)发烧,(使)狂热
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • athleticadj. 运动的,活跃的,健壮的
  • lambn. 羔羊,小羊,羔羊肉,温顺的人 v. 产羊羔
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室