《绝望的主妇》第18期:在他的震怒中万劫不复
日期:2013-03-04 18:30

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

NARRATOR: An odd thing happens when we die. Our senses vanish. Taste, touch, smell and sound become a distant memory. But our sight, ah, our sight expands. And we can suddenly see the world we've left behind so clearly. Of course, most of what's visible to the dead can also be seen by the living, if they only take the time to look.
我们死去以后就会有奇怪的事情发生,我们没有感觉。味觉、触觉、嗅觉和听觉成为遥远的回忆。但是我们的视觉,啊,我们的视野开阔了。我们能把被我们扔在身后的这个世界看清楚。当然,死人能看见的世界活人也能看清楚,他们只是不愿意花时间去看而已。
NARRATOR: Like my friend Gabrielle. I should've seen how unhappy she was. But I didn't. I only saw her clothes from Paris; And her platinum jewellery; and her brand new diamond watch.
就像我的朋友Gabrielle。我过去应该看出来她有多么不开心,但是我没有。我只看见了她的法国时装,她的白金首饰,和她崭新的钻石手表。
NARRATOR: Had I looked closer, I'd've seen that Gabrielle was a drowning woman, desperately in search of a life raft. Luckily for her, she found one.
如果我看得更仔细,我就会看出Gabrielle是个快溺毙的女人,绝望的在寻找生命的木筏。幸运的是,她找到了。
NARRATOR: Of course, Gabrielle only saw her young gardener as a way to infuse her life with a little excitement. But now, she was about to discover just how exciting her life could get.
当然,Gabrielle只是找到了她年轻的园丁给她的生活中注入新鲜血液,但是现在她想尝试一下究竟她的生活可以有多精彩。
GABRIELLE: Damn it! Come on.
该死!
JOHN: Whoa!
哇!
GABRIELLE: Come on, come on, hurry! Let's go, let's go!
快点,快点,快点!赶紧!快走!
JOHN: Where're the rest of my clothes?
我还有衣服呢?
GABRIELLE: I'll find them, just get out!
我会找到的,赶快出去。
JOHN: Where?
去哪?
GABRIELLE: Out the window.
窗户外面。
JOHN: What?
什么?
GABRIELLE: Go, go!
快走,快走!
GABRIELLE: Hi honey, you're home early!
你好,亲爱的,你回来得真早。
CARLOS: My meeting got cancelled. You just took a shower this morning.
我的会议取消了。你今天早上不是已经洗过澡了吗?
GABRIELLE: I, uh, I just finished a workout.
我,呃,我刚刚锻炼完身体。
CARLOS: Mmm. Where's John?
John在哪里?
GABRIELLE: John?
John?
CARLOS: Yeah. That's his truck out front.
是啊,外面有他的除草机。
NARRATOR: Gabrielle was panicked. She knew if her husband discovered her secret, she would feel the full force of his wrath.
Gabrielle惊慌失措。她知道如果他丈夫发现了她的秘密,她将在他的震怒中万劫不复。
JOHN: Hey Mr. Solis.
你好,Solis 先生。
CARLOS: Hey, John, did you take care of that ficus yet?
你好,John, 那棵树弄好了吗?
JOHN: I'll get to it as soon as I'm done here.
我一忙完这个就去照料。
CARLOS: Alright. We need to talk about the hedges later.
好吧。我们一会需要聊聊那个篱笆。
NARRATOR: But she was quickly reminded that what Carlos couldn't see, couldn't hurt her.
但是她很快来……Carlos看不见的地方……影响不了她。
JOHN: Yeah, sure, no problem.
好的,当然没问题。

影片讲解

Gabrielle和John的幽会被Carlos意料之外的回家打断,John光着下身跳出窗外,在树篱的掩护下做出割草的样子。闷闷不乐的Gabrielle向Carlos埋怨他们的婚姻不再有激情,Carlos允诺以后会经常为她带来惊喜。John向Gabrielle送上一朵玫瑰花,Gabrielle发觉这个还是是真地爱上了她了。

划红精讲

1. for God's sakes: 天晓得;看在上帝的面上

eg. You're a superhero for God's sakes. People should love you.
你是个超级英雄,看在上帝的份上。你应该受人爱戴的。

eg. For God's sakes, man! Pull yourself together.
看在老天的份上,老兄!振作一点吧!

2. in search of: 寻找

eg. Hungry beggars roamed the streets in search of food.
饥饿的乞丐在街上徘徊寻找食物。

eg. Some tribes migrate with their cattle in search of fresh grass.
一些部落为寻找嫩草带着他们的牲口迁徙。

3. infuse with: 注入;灌输

eg. It takes the human voice to infuse with the shades of deeper meaning.
它需要人的声音赋予它深层含义的细微差别。

eg. When I am burned out, infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit.
当我失去热情,求你用圣灵的光注入我。

3. take care of: 处理;照顾;注意;抚养

eg. We only have one earth, so we need to take care of her.
我们只有一个地球,所以我们必须要好好的照顾她。

分享到
重点单词
  • diamondn. 钻石,像钻石的物质,菱形,纸牌的方块,棒球内场 v
  • cattlen. 牛,家畜,畜牲
  • brandn. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记 vt. 打烙印,铭刻,加污
  • vanishvi. 消失,不见了,绝迹 vt. 消失
  • unhappyadj. 不快乐的,不高兴的
  • raftn. 筏,救生艇,大量 v. 乘筏,制成筏
  • narratorn. 叙述者,讲解员
  • visibleadj. 可见的,看得见的 n. 可见物
  • infusevt. 注入,鼓舞,泡制,植入