《绝望的主妇》第342期:患难见真情
日期:2015-08-23 19:23

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

Now and then, we all need a little help, so we ask for small favors.
时不时地,我们都需要一些帮助,于是我们向他人索取一点点关切。
Thanks. I owe you one.
谢谢,我欠你一次情
But it's always best to be wary ofthose eager to come to our rescue.
不过对那些急来的援助,最好带着一颗机警的心。
Well, go on. Kiss the bride.
继续,可以吻新娘了。
Because even the smallest of favors...
因为哪怕是最小的恩惠...
Sure thing, Tom. I'd be happy to baby-sit for you. My, have you noticed how clogged my rain gutters are?
当然,我很乐意做你家保姆。天啊,你看到我家雨水槽堵得多厉害了吗?
...carries a price tag.
...也承载了代价。
Yes, everyone has an agenda.
没错,每个人都有自己的打算。
I heard about your operation, Aunt Inez, and I'm jumping on a plane right now to come and help you out.
听说了你做了手术,Inez姑妈,我马上飞过去帮你一把。
No matter what they may tell us.
无论他们对我们怎么说,
No, I'm happy to, and I'm prepared to stay as long as it takes.
不,我很乐意。我准备在你康复前一直留在你身边。
And in those rare instances where there is no ulterior motive...
然后当在少有的情况下人们抛开隐含的动机时,

影视精讲

price tag: 价格标签
You forgot to remove the masking tape price tag sticker.
你忘记除掉胶带的价格标签了。
Now I can't really puta price tag on that, can you?
我可是不能在这个事情上下个价码,你能吗?

as long as: 只要
As long as he doesn't follow his mother.
只要他不步他母亲的后尘就行了.

take aback: 吃一惊
The little girl screamed and it took us aback.
小女孩的尖叫声吓了我们一跳。
I was momentarily taken aback.
我一时被吓呆了。


...we're so taken aback that we may fail to recognize the truth...
我们却惊诧自己没及时发觉...
...that a loving friend has just done us an enormous favor.
一位忠实的朋友又帮了我们的大忙。

分享到