(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
"Taking the bull by the horns" ...it's a terrifying metaphor.
这尊雕像用具象表现了我们的一句俗语“抓牛先抓角”,
It's how politicians are meant to tackle crises.
这是政治家门解决危机的方式,
It's what we're all meant to do with the big moral problems of life.
这是我们面对人生的重大问题时应有的一种态度,
Though most of us, I suspect, hope to avoid doing anything of the sort.
虽然对我们大多数人而言,希望如何避免危机才是重中之重 。
But about four thousand years ago, we have serious archaeological evidence of a whole civilisation that seems to have been collectively fascinated by the idea of confronting the bull.
但考古研究发现,在四千年前,某一文明中的所有人似乎都渴盼能挑战公牛 。
I have seen many paintings of people leaping or cutting the bulls.
我见过很多画作中的跳跃者及公牛 。
There always has been a kind of game between men and bulls...always.
男人和公牛之间总是有一种游戏 。
It's one of the many mysteries of a society at the crossroads of Africa, Asia and Europe, that played a key role in shaping what we now call the Middle East.
这个社会处于亚非欧的交界,是形成如今中东地区的关键力量 。
A history of the world.
世界历史,
In a hundred objects.
百件藏品,
Minoan Bull and acrobat,a small Bronze statue around 3,500 years old,discovered in Crete.
具有3500年历史的米诺斯公牛上的跳跃者 发现于希腊克里特岛
重点讲解
1.mean to 对…来说很重要
I did not mean to do it.
呃,我的意思是我们的本意并非如此 。
I do not mean to imply that the 7 habits map one-for-one to building a great company.
我不是说这七个习惯能与建立伟大的公司一一对应 。
2.seem to 似乎
Historical venture returns seem to bear that out.
历史风投回报率似乎证明了这一点 。
Europe's troubles seem to be costing them business.
欧洲危机看来正在影响到当地的业务 。
3.between and 在两者之间
But arrangements were complicated by disagreements between and within the groups.
但是,因为这两个组织内部和彼此之间的分歧,安排工作将会十分复杂 。
The integration of information and communications technology in business has revolutionized relationships within organizations and those between and among organizations and individuals.
商业中的信息与通讯技术的整合改变了组织间以及组织与个人之间的关系 。