影视剧中的职场美语 第121期:关于谈判
日期:2014-06-24 17:28

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Gossip Girl,《緋闻少女》


I…knew the memory of our New Year's together would bring you back.

我…知道我们新年的回忆会把你带回来。^

I'm not here for you. I'm here to get Chuck's hotel.

我不是因为你才来的。我来这里是为了拿回查克的酒店。

Eh, semantics, really.

嗯,果然很直接。

I've had a contract drawn up.

我拟了一份协议。

Now suddenly you don't trust me? What are your demands?

现在你突然不相信我了?你的要求是什么?

No kissing seems to be, you know, some working girls,rule of thumb.

看起来像是“不能接吻”,你知道的,一些应召女郎的经验法则。

You'll tell Chuck that you realized he isn't worth losing Bass Australia over.

你要告诉查克,你意识到他不值得你放弃巴斯集团澳洲分支。

Now that you've devalued the Empire, you're willing to sell it back, at a profit, of course, so he doesn't suspect anything.

既然你已经将帝国酒店贬值了,你愿意把它卖给查克,当然,你会赚到一笔钱,那么他就不会怀疑。

You know I love a win-win proposition.

你知道的,我喜欢赢的提议。

And Chuck can never know.

这样查克就永远不会知道。

Uh, I think I've already proven I'm not one to kiss and tell.

呃,我想我已经证明过了我不会占了便宜又卖乖。

Fine. I've... I've already had his hotel.

好吧,我已经…我已经拥有了他的酒店。

Now I'll leave knowing Fve had the thing he holds even dearer.

现在我知道,我将拥有他更加宝责的东西。

Everything that was his is mine.

他所有的东西都是我的了。

职场美语

Todd, I found your preparation for the negotiation has some problems.You can,t build the arguments on very shaky premises.

托德,我发现你为谈判做的准备工作有点问题,你不能把论点建立在不可靠的前提下。

I know, but I have no choice.

我知遒,伹我没有选择。

We're not prepared to accept your proposal at this time. You can't build the argument on very shaky premises.

我们现在还不准备接受你们的建议。你不能把论点建立在不可靠的前提下。

I believe there must be some misunderstanding between us.

我相信我们之间肯定有什么误会。

重点讲解

Your argument premises could be challenged.

You can't build the argument on very shaky premises.

shaky本义为“不稳固的,摇晃的,',引申义即“不可靠的,可疑的”; premise是可数名词,意为“假设,前提”,所以shaky premises意思就是“不可靠的前提”。argument是“论点”的意思。build sth.on…意为“把某物建立在…基础上”,相当于on the basis of或based on。

分享到
重点单词
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • suspectn. 嫌疑犯 adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的 v. 怀疑
  • thumbn. 拇指 v. 翻阅,示意要求搭车
  • propositionn. 建议,命题,主张 vt. 向 ... 提议,向 .
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言
  • premisen. 前提 vt. 提论,预述,假设 n. 房屋和
  • misunderstandingn. 误会,误解 misunderstand的现在分词
  • negotiationn. 谈判,协商
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,