影视剧中的职场美语 第39期:产品策划
日期:2014-02-19 17:14

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

All right,ladies of natural disasters,and do say ladies and not victims,because there isn't a victim among you.
好了,自然灾害的女士们,注意我说的是女士而不是受害者,因为你们当中没有人是受害者。
You've all survived horrible tragedies and now the mode is going to make you beautiful.
你们都在惨剧中幸存下来了,现在时尚要给你们好好打扮打扮。
Sheila,talk to me.
莎拉,开始说。
Okay,just like on the storyboard…We are gonna show them at their absolute worst ravaged by hurricanes,floods,fires.
好的,就像情节图板上标示的那样…
Sad,sad,sad.
可怜,可怜,可怜啊。
And then we do the after.Happy,sexy,blown out.
然后我们来做后面的对比部分,快乐,性感,拉风。
I love it.
我喜欢这个。
We change their lives and,uh,showcase of the fall collections.
我们改变了她们的生活,还有,呃,秋季系列的橱窗。
Just make sure the skinny ones are up front.
要确保瘦的女士站在最前面。
Famine,make up.Now.Bless your heart.What disaster are you,honey?Mudslide?
饥荒,化妆。现在,我的天啊!你是什么灾难,亲爱的?泥石流?
What?No,I'm not a victim.I'm fine.I just need some food.
什么?不,我不是受害者。我很好。我只是想要点儿东西吃。
My blood sugar's a little low.
我有点低血糖。
Looking good,flood.
看起来不错,洪水。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》

职场美语

We have criticized each other for half an hour.What's the point of doing this?
我们已经互相指责将近半小时了,这有什么意义?
So let's stop that.We need to sit down and brainstorm ideas for a new marketing slogan of the new product.
让我们结束争吵吧,我们需要坐下来集思广益,为新产品设计一个好的营销口号。
Do you have any idea for our development of the product?
你对我们的产品研发有什么想法吗?
No,but I really think we need to sit down and brainstorm ideas.
没有,但是我认为我们需要坐下来集思广益。

精讲部分
Let us pool our wisdom together.
We need to sit down and brainstorm ideas.
遇到难题时大家坐在一起交换意见,找出解决问题的方案,在中文里叫做“集思广益”。老美叫做brainstorm“头脑风暴”。brain是“脑子”,storm是“暴风雨”,这两个词合在一起就是“群策群力”。这个词既可作名词也可作动词。

分享到
重点单词
  • disastern. 灾难
  • faminen. 饥荒,极度缺乏
  • moden. 方式,样式,模式,风格,时兴 n. [音乐]
  • victimn. 受害者,牺牲
  • slogann. 标语,口号