影视剧中的职场美语 第114期:在飞机上
日期:2014-06-13 17:52

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Airplane,《空前绝后满天飞》


Yes?

什么事?

It's my stomach. I haven't felt this awful since we saw that Ronald Reagan film.

我的胃很不舒服。自从看过罗纳德里根的那部电影后,我还从来没这么难受过。

I'll see if I can find some Dramamine. Captain, a woman passenger is very sick. Airsick?

我去看能否找到晕机药。机长,有一名女乘客很不舒服。晕机?

I think so, but I've never seen it so acute.

我认为是,她真的很难受。

Find out if there's a doctor on board, as quietly as you can.

悄悄地找机上有没有医生。

Sorry to wake you. I'm looking for a doctor.

抱歉弄醒你,但我想找位医生。

There's nothing to worry about Stewardess, I think the man next to me is a doctor.

但是没有什么可担心的。小姐,我身旁的这位应该是医生。

Sir, excuse me. I'm sorry to wake you, are you a doctor?

先生,抱歉叫醒你。您是医生吗?

That's right.

是的。

We have sick passengers. Could you take a look at them?

我们有乘客不舒服。可否去看看他们?

Yes, of course. Let me see your tongue. I'll be back in a minute.

好的。让我看看你的舌头。我很快回来。

Tell the captain to land. She must go to a hospital.

叫机长降落,要送她往医院。

A hospital! What is it?

医院!什么?

It's a big building with patients, but thafs not important right now. I must speak to the captain.

是一座有病人的建筑物。算了我得跟机长谈谈。

Certainly.

好的。

职场美语

Excuse me. Do you mind if I recline my seat?

打扰了,你介意我调整下我的座位吗?

Never mind. It won't bother me at all.

不介意。不会影响到我的。

Is this your newspaper, sir?

这是您的报纸吗,先生?

Oh, yes. Thank you. By the way, do you mind if I recline my seat?

哦,最的。谢谢你。顺便问—下,你介意我调整一下我的座位吗?

重点讲解

I just wonder if I can adjust my seat.

Do you mind if I recline my seat?

登机以后,如果想调整座位的角度,和周围的乘客提前打声招呼是比较礼貌的做法,这时就兮以说:Do you mind if I recline my seat?这里recline是指“使躺下,使斜倚”,recline my seat就是调整自己的位置到舒适的程度。而第一句中用了 I wonder和can,则有点质疑自己是否有能力调一下座位的意思,意思上有所出入。

分享到
重点单词
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • acuteadj. 敏锐的,剧烈的