影视剧中的职场美语 第116期:倒时差
日期:2014-06-17 17:01

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Hannah Montana,《乖乖女是大明星》


I'm so sorry.I didn't realize...

我很抱歉,我不知道…

No worries. This is just a little de-stressing. It helps with Hannah's jet lag.

别担心,这只是小小的放松,这能帮助汉娜调整时差。

Jet lag? But California's only two hours …

时差,但是加州到这里只有两个小时…

Yes. But you see Hannah only flies west to east, so...she gains time.

没错,但是汉娜只从西往未飞,所以…她的时间反而变早了。

She sometimes has to go the long way around.

有时她需要绕地球飞一大圈。

She's actually getting younger. Did you want something?

她其实越来越年轻了。你有什么事吗?

Uh, Yeah. Hi, Hannah. I'm Lorelai, and we are just all so grateful that you're here.

啊,是的。嗨,汉娜,我是罗勒莱,我们都非常感谢你这次能来。

Oh, well…

那没…

Foot massage. Very L.A.

脚部按摩,非常洛杉矶式的。

Miley, you up there?

麦莉,你在上面吗?

He doesn't know. That Hannah's here.

他还不知道,汉娜已经来了,

He is going to be so excited Let me tell him. I'll take over.

他肯定会非常兴奋的,我去告诉他。那我继续帮她按摩。

No. See Hannah considers me her personal, you know...There's these things that...Fine. Hey, but no talking.

不,汉娜把我当成了她的私人…像这种事情…好吧,但是不能说话。

The mayor wants to throw this big bash in your honor this evening.

镇长今天晚上想举办盛大的宴会来欢迎你。

And I've had lobsters flown in and everything just for you. I hope they don't get too jet-lagged.

我还特地为了你让他们空运了龙虾, 希望它们不会有太多时差。

职场美语

Are you OK? You don't seem to be quite well.

你还好吗?你看起来不太舒服。

I'm feeling jet-lagged. I will be fine after a rest.

我还没倒过时差来。休息一会儿应该就好了。

I feel dizzy and weak. And I'm having this pain in my ear.

我头很晕。并且耳朵嗡嗡作响。

Maybe you are just feeling jet-lagged after 8 hours of flight.

也许你只是在飞行了8小时后没适应时差。

重点讲解

I can't get used to the time change.

I'm feeling jet-lagged.

lag是“滞后,延迟”的意思,jet lag就是我们熟知的“时差”,如:1 have really bad jet lag.(我时差很严重。)jet-lagged 是形容词,如:I'm feeling jet-lagged-我还没倒过时差来。

分享到
重点单词
  • lagvi. 落后,缓慢进行,衰退 vt. 落后于,滞后于 n
  • gratefuladj. 感激的,感谢的
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.