影视剧中的职场美语 第25期:跳槽
日期:2014-01-20 17:03

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现
Word is out all over town that you're unhappy at zimms, so why not jump ship and come to Parcher & Murphy?
我知道你在Simms那边的情况 但干吗不来我们公司呢?
I swear, Veronica, you would fit in so well here.
我敢保证你会很快适应这的。
I do need to make a change, Lynette, but the money you're offering...
我的确需要改变 但是你开的酬劳...
yeah, it sucks, but there are other perks-the expense account, the corner office...
不错,是很低,但是还有其他福利啊,办公室啊。
I don't know. you're just gonna have to give me some time to think about it.
我也不知道,你得容我考虑一下。
Fair enough, fair enough.
好的好的。
Okay, what is your secret? how can you eat like that and keep your figure?
你究竟有什么秘诀? 这么爱吃甜食还能保持苗条的身材?
It's the breast-feeding. It burns so many calories. It's like having a treadmillstrap
是母乳喂养的原因,很消耗体力,就像身上装了跑步机似的。
I didn't know you had a child.
我还不知道你有孩子?
Yes, my son Donovan. He's the love of my life.
有啊,个儿子Donovan,他是我的最爱。
Really, Veronica? well, you know, there's another perk that I just thought of.
其实 Veronica,我们公司还有另外一个福利。
Oh, My gosh, this is fantastic!
哦, 这真是太好了。
They don't have day care at Zimms. Simms
公司那根本没有日托。
How can they not? For working parents like you and me, It's a necessity.
怎么会没有呢? 像我们这样整天工作的父母就需要这个。
So is the pot getting sweeter?
你觉得怎么样?
Would people here be cool about my breast-feeding Donovan? The guys at Zimms were real jerks about that.
我要是喂Donovan奶 这边人介意吗? Simms公司的人很讨厌。
Parcher & Murphy is completely mother-friendly. No one would say a word.
我们公司完全接纳育子行为 不会介意的。
What the heck, I'm in.
管它呢!我加入了!

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》

职场美语

We#39;ve lost another big client this month.That's three monts in a row.
我们这个月又丢了一个大客户,这种事情可是连续发生三个月了。
That's it.I'm jumping ship.
不行了,看了我得跳槽了。
You haven't shown up at work for two weeks.
你都两个星期不来工作了。
I am jumping ship.
我要跳槽了。

精讲部分

I'm going to find a job.
I am jumping ship.
Jumping ship和“跳槽”在字面意思上似乎有异曲同工的地方—都是从一个地方“跳”出来。jump ship是个典故,来自于航海,在大风大浪之中,或在两方海上争斗中,一方因抵挡不住,为了活命弃船而逃,就是所谓的jump ship。现在,jump ship引申为放弃对某事的希望,而另行它事的意思。

分享到
重点单词
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • necessityn. 需要,必需品,必然
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • unhappyadj. 不快乐的,不高兴的
  • rown. 排,船游,吵闹 vt. 划船,成排 vi. 划船,