影视剧中的职场美语 第85期:销售策略
日期:2014-05-04 16:24

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》


Gabrielle:We got ties here, people! Designer ties, two for a dollar! Ooh, do you like those barbells? Make me an offer.

加百列:领带大甩卖啦!名家设计,2条1美元!你喜欢这杠铃吗?开个价吧。

I'm feeling generous. Here's the customer I've been waiting for.

我想慷慨点,我的顾客来了。

Customer:I'll give you $ 5 for this.

顾客:这个我5美元买了。

Gabrielle: Carlos, I see you got my flier.

加百列:卡洛斯,你看到我的传单了吗?

Carlos: You're having a garage sale featuring menswear and sporting equipment.

卡洛斯:你怎么连我的衣服和运动器材都卖?

Gabrielle:I need cash, and you don't expect me to sell MY stuff, do you?

加百列:我缺钱,总不能卖我自己的东西吧?

Carlos:Those are my good cuff links!

卡洛斯:那些是我的高档裤子!

Those are my CDs! Oh, my God, This is my baby blanket. My mama knitted this!

我的CD!噢,天哪!我小时候的毯子,这是我老妈织的!

Gabrielle:And it pains me to sell it.

加百列:卖掉我也很心疼。

It's just that my lawyer told me What you're offering for spousal support, And I can't get by on that.

但我听说你要支付赡养费的数目,我不够用。

Carlos:Hey, I am doing the best that I can.

卡洛斯:嘿,我已经尽力了。

I've got a few deals in the pipeline, But I'm not making near as much as I used to.

我是接到几个生意,但我赚的跟以前没法比。

Gabrielle:So I should be punished?

加百列:难道我该受罪?

Attention, shoppers, for the next minutes, free golf club with every purchase!

大家注意了!在下面的20分钟里,只要买东西就送高尔夫球棒。

Carlos:Gaby, I'm trying to be civil,

卡洛斯:加比,我现在已经很客气了,

But if you don't knock it off right now, I swear, the gloves are coming off.

如果你还这样,别怪我翻脸不认人。

Gabrielle:Oh, honey, the gloves aren't just off... They're 70 % off! Get your cashmere gloves!

噢,宝贝,如果这些7折的话,谁都翻脸不认人!开司米手套大甩卖啊!

职场美语

They seem to be doing very well,given that they've just started.

考虑到他们才刚刚起步,他们的业绩相当不错啊。

Yeah.With all their posh decorations and sleek facade,they use the hard sell on the customers.

是的。他们装修时髦,店风酷酷的,给顾客制造了压力,强迫他们买东西。

Do you like shopping in boutique stores?

你喜欢在精品店购物吗?

No,too much attitude.They use the hard sell on the customers this way.

我不喜欢。他们一般都很傲慢,这样他们就能给顾客施加压力强卖东西了。

重点讲解

They are intimidating the customers into buying things from them.

They use the hard sell on the customers.

如果卖家的气场十分强大,在交易中完全占据主动,让买东西的人任凭摆布,这种情况在英语里称作a hard sell,意为“强卖”。

分享到
重点单词
  • intimidatingadj. 吓人的
  • pipelinen. 管道,管线
  • blanketn. 毛毯,覆盖物,排字版 vt. 用毯子裹,扑灭,挡风
  • facaden. 建筑物的正面,外表(犹指虚伪的)
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • purchasevt. 买,购买 n. 购买,购买的物品 n. 支
  • generousadj. 慷慨的,宽宏大量的,丰盛的,味浓的
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • designern. 设计者