影视剧中的职场美语 第68期:再次确认
日期:2014-04-03 17:00

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Friends,《老友记》

Joey:I gotta double check for tickets tonight. Who-who got what?

乔伊:我再问一次,晚上的票你们要几张?

Chandler, Phoebe, and Rachel:I had one.

钱德勒,菲比,瑞秋:我要一张。

Monica:I need two. I'm bringing Pete. My boyfriend. I have a boyfriend now!

莫妮卡:我要两张。我要带彼得去,我的男朋友,我有男朋友了!

Joey:Two it is. Ross, how about you?

乔伊:你两张,罗斯,你呢?

Ross:Uh, yeah, I ah, I also need two.

罗斯:我也要两张。

Monica:Really? Who's number two?

莫妮卡:真的?另外一个人是谁?

Chandler:Who's number two? One of the more difficult games sewer workers play.

钱德勒:另一个是谁?下水道工人的高难度游戏。

Ross:Uh, no, it's-it's just this person.

罗斯:就是有一个人嘛。

Phoebe:Like a date type person?

菲比:是约会对象吗?

Ross:Yeah, kinda. It's this woman from work. I hope that won't be too weird. Will it, Rach?

罗斯:算是吧,是工作上认识的女生,希望不会太奇怪,不会吧,瑞秋?

Rachel:No. No, not at all, not at all. I actually was gonna bring someone myself, so...

瑞秋:一点也不会,其实我也要带人去。

Joey:But you said one.

乔伊:但是你只要一张。

Rachel:I meant, me plus one!

瑞秋:我是说我再多一张。

Joey:Okay. Did ah, you guys mean you plus one?

乔伊:好,还有谁是多一张的?

Ross:All right, I'll see you tonight.

罗斯:好的,晚上见。

Joey:Okay.

乔伊:好的。

职场美语

I have to double check my reservation.

我想再次确认一下我的预订。

OK.You have booked the flight A303 on May 16th,two o’clock in the afternoon.

好的,您预订了5月16号下午2点整的航班A303。

Hello!The Royal Hotel.May I help you?

您好!这里是皇家酒店,有什么可以效劳的吗?

I have to double check my reservation.

我想再次确认一下我的预订信息。

重点讲解

Can I check my reservation?

I have to double check my reservation.

Double在这里作副词,指“双重地,双倍地”。如果不确定预订的情况,可以这样要求:I have to double check my reservation.这里用数词或倍数来表示更为直观,在口语中比较常见,类似的还有think twice,也就是“三思”的意思。

分享到
重点单词
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • reservationn. 预定,保留意见
  • sewern. 下水道,阴沟,裁缝师
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.