影视剧中的职场美语 第79期:烦躁不安
日期:2014-04-21 17:05

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自It's a Wonderful Life,《风云人物》


SAM:We just stopped in town to take a look at the new factory, and then we're going to drive on down to Florida.

山姆:我们只是来这儿视察一个新的工厂,然后我们会去佛罗里达。

GEORGE:Oh. . .

乔治:噢。

JANE:Why don't you have your friends join us?

简:为什么不让拿到朋友也和我们一起呢?

SAM:Why, sure. Hey, why don't you kids drive down with us, huh?

山姆:对,当然啦。嗨,你们也和我们一起去,怎么样?

GEORGE:Oh, I'm afraid I couldn't get away, Sam.

乔治:哦,我恐怕走不开啊,山姆。

SAM:Still got the nose to the old grindstone, eh? Jane, I offered to let George in on the ground floor in plastics, and he turned me down cold.

山姆:还是那么兢兢业业啊,嗯?简,我曾提出让乔治跟我联手起家做塑料,但是他把我拒绝了。

GEORGE:Oh, now, don't rub it in.

乔治:好吧,别在旧伤口上撒盐了。

SAM:I'm not rubbing it in. Well, I guess we better run along.

山姆:我可没那么做,恩,我们最好还是上路吧。

JANE:Awfully glad to have met you, Mary.

简:见到你真高兴,玛丽。

MARY:Nice meeting you.

玛丽:见到你很高兴。

GEORGE:Goodbye.

乔治:再见。

JANE:Goodbye, George.

简:再见,乔治。

SAM:So long, George. See you in the funny papers.

山姆:再见,乔治。在连环漫画报那见。

GEORGE:Goodbye, Sam.

乔治:再见,山姆。

MARY:Have fun.

玛丽:玩得开心。

GEORGE:Thanks for dropping around.

乔治:谢谢能来看我们。

职场美语

Sarah was at the party yesterday,and we're going shopping together tomorrow.

莎拉去了昨天的派对,我们明天还要一块儿去购物呢。

Don't push my buttons.You know she annoys me,so stop talking about her.

别刺激我了。你知道我讨厌她,所以别一个劲儿说跟她有关的事了。

Do you want to go to the hair salon with me?Oh,you can't,cause you're bald.

你想跟我一块儿去发廊吗?啊,不行,你是秃头。

Don't push my buttons.That's not nice of you.

少刺激我了,你真不厚道。

重点讲解

Don't provoke me.

Don't push my buttons.

如果有人像苍蝇一样一个劲儿地烦你,这个时候就可以对他/她说:Don't push my buttons.即“别一个劲儿烦我了,我的忍耐可是有限度的”。Button这个词很形象,每个人都有死穴,就像一个开关一样,一旦打开就一发不可收拾,当被触及这些敏感的button时一定要用这句来警告对方赶快停手。

分享到
重点单词
  • grindstonen. 磨刀石,砂轮
  • provokevt. 激怒,惹起,驱使