影视剧中的职场美语 第32期:请假早退
日期:2014-02-10 16:38

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Here we go.So the Coretex has minimal damage.
开始吧。库特斯只有微小的损伤。
There is just some calcining around the edges.
边缘只有些灼烧的痕迹。
However,the Tempolite has significant damage and there's rusting around 300 degrees.
但是,泰莱特损伤严重,300度左右开始熔化。
So that means the Coretex gets the recommend.
所以我们推荐库特斯的产品。
See,Em?The best product always wins.
看到了吗?好产品总会闪光的。
Oh,Lauren.
哦,劳伦。
Yes.I was just wondering if I might skip out a little bit early for the holiday weekend.
什么事。我想问一下,我今天可不可以早点下班去休假。
Jerry's taking me to an alpaca farm.
杰瑞要带我去羊驼牧场。
Oh,yeah,of course.It's a holiday.And a weekend.
好啊,当然可以,休假嘛,又是周末。
Yeah,so you should do that.
当然,你应该早点走。
Okay,Have fun.You have fun too.I will.
好的。玩的开心。你也是哦。会的。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自This Means War,《情敌大战》


职场美语

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull a sickie today,Helen,but I really do have a bit of the flu.
海伦,我今天可能要请一天病假了,我好像感冒了。
No problem.You take care of yourself.
没问题,你要照顾好自己。
May I pull a sickie today?I don't feel well.
我今天可以请病假吗?身体不太舒服。
Sure.Go ahead.
好啊,可以。

精讲部分
May I ask for leave today?
I have to pull a sickie today.
我们平时在请假或者需要早退的时候往往会用到ask for leave这个习语,老外通常还会用到pull a sickie来表示“请病假”。Sickie是“病假”的俚语,经常指休息一天,用于纯粹的病假。但这个表达含有逃避工作的成分,所以用这个俚语时候要小心些哦。

分享到
重点单词
  • recommendvt. 建议,推荐,劝告 vt. 使成为可取,使受欢迎
  • minimaladj. 最低限度的,最小的
  • skipv. 跳过,略过,遗漏 n. 跳跃,跳读 n. (