影视剧中的职场美语 第17期:新人入职
日期:2014-01-08 18:00

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Hi.I'm Ryden Malby.I'm…
嗨,我是雷登莫比,我…
The new assistant to the editor.Yes.One sec.I'll get Lloyd.I've got Ryden.Thanks.
新来的编辑助理,是的。等下,我去叫罗伊德。雷登来了,谢谢。
Well,here it is.Home,sweet home.That's the mail cart.
那么,这儿就是你的家了。那是邮车。
Great,Well,perfect.Is there any material you want me to start to read or…
很好,不错,有什么材料需要我看吗?或者…
No.Reading's on your own time,Jessica was a hit filer,so we're a little backed up on submissions.
没有,阅读材料得用你自己的时间,杰西卡把文件编档做得一团糟,所以你得先接下她的烂摊子。
I see that.What happened to Jessica anyway?
明白了。杰西卡到底怎么了?
Well,we had a little bit of a misunderstanding,she and I.You see,I thought that she worked for me.She thought she was running the company.
我和她之间有一些误解。你知道,我认为她是在为我工作,而她以为是她在运营这家公司。
Sounds like Jessica.
很像杰西卡的作风。
Mm-hmm.Ready to go?
恩,准备好了吗?
Yep,I'll get right on it.
是的,那我现在就开始。
You know you're gonna have to enter every one of these into the database,right?
你知道你要把这些都输入数据库,对吧?
Okay.Absolutely.Yeah.
好的,没问题。

身临其境练一练

Post Grad,《毕业生生存指南》

职场美语

This client is very important.But I'm a rookie,so…
这个客户非常重要,但我是个菜鸟。所以…
But I could think of no better guy.
但是我也没有更好的人选了。

Have you ever cooked before?
你以前做过饭吗?
No.I'm a rookie.So be prepared for some weird-tasting eggs.
没有,我对做饭几乎一窍不通。所以准备尝尝我的怪味蛋吧。

精讲部分

I am new at this job.
I'm a rookie.
I am new.和I'm a rookie.的区别类似于汉语“我对这个很生疏”和“我是菜鸟”的区别,两相比较当然是I'm a rookie更地道。Rookie本来专指军队中新征入伍人员,后来扩展到指代一切组织机构中的“新人”。

分享到
重点单词
  • rookien. 新手
  • cartn. 手推车,(二轮)载货车 v. (用手推车)运送,(
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • misunderstandingn. 误会,误解 misunderstand的现在分词