影视剧中的职场美语 第42期:工作跟进
日期:2014-02-24 16:51

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

I was clear with Parker. I...
我和帕克说得很清楚 我...
I won't go to court.
我不会上庭的
But you need to testify.
但是你需要出庭作证的
Are you whing?
你在发牢骚吗
I am giving you my expert legal opinion,
我是在向你提供专业法律建议
which is...
那就是
That you can't let your rich son-of-a-bitch husband
你不能让你那有钱的混账老公
cheat on you and pay you off with a measly 100 grand.
对你不忠 却只给你10万了事
Parker thought that you could find a middle ground.
帕克觉得你能找到折中的方法
That's why he scheduled this settlement conference.
所以他安排了这个和解会议
I thought you were up to speed.
我以为你知道的
Mrs. Wellner, how much do you think you're worth?
维尔纳夫人 你觉得自己值多少钱
Why?
为什么这么问
Because if you don't think you're worth much,
如果连你都不觉得自己有价值
why should he?
他就更不会了
I gave up my career.
我放弃了我的事业
I raised our children.
我养大了我们的孩子
I loved him unconditionally.
我无条件地爱他
I think that should be worth something.
我想这些是有价值的
I think that should be worth...
我想应该值...
half.
一半
Then that's what we'll get.
那我们就要这么多。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Drop Dead Diva,《美女上错身》

职场美语
Welcome back from your honeymoon.
欢迎您从蜜月归来。
Thank you.I heard that the project can't go further.Fill me in on the recent developments.
谢谢。我听说项目没办法进行下去了。告诉我最新的进展。
This is Tom,the new expert we hired to help boost up your team.
这位是汤姆,我们新聘请的专家,来帮助你的团队。
Hello,everyone.Let's get started right now.Fill me in on the recent developments.
各位好。我们马上开始吧,告诉我最新的进展情况。

精讲部分
Tell me about how the recent developments.
Fill me in on the recent developments.
Fill sth.in/up字面的意思是“把…用液体灌满”,而fill me in(把我灌满)可拓展为“让我装满关于某事情的信息和知识吧”。当你半途加入一个项目团队,急切地想要尽快了解到项目进展,就可以说Fill me up on what you've been doing.此外,你还可以说:Catch me up on what you've accopmplished so far.

分享到
重点单词
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • boostvt. 推进,提高,增加 n. 推进,增加 v.
  • testifyv. 证明,作证,声明