影视剧中的职场美语 第99期:换位思考
日期:2014-05-22 17:21

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Death to Smoochy,《杀死斯摩奇》


You gotta fix this. I want my old time slot back.

你要把这个处理了。我想回到以前的时段。

I can't sit and watch that one-homed carpetbagger get my time slot.

我不能让那个独角的牟利小人占了我的时段。

He gets a free dime on my dime. Come on. We got a history.

他在赚我的钱啊。求你了,咱俩可是有交情的。

There's nothing I can do for you.

我没什么能帮你的。

You,re a pariah. I can't even be seen with you.

你现在算个贱民了,我都不能被人看见跟你在一块儿出现。

Don't do this to me, Frank.

别这么对我,弗兰克。

I,m going down for the last time.

我这是最后一次了。

They kicked me out of the corporate penthouse.

他们把我从公司的顶层豪宅踢出来了。

I'm homeless! Put yourself in my Capezios!

我现在无家可归!设身处地为我想想吧!

The truth is, your shoes have become my shoes.

实情是,你的东西变成我的了。

As long as he's on, everything's by the book.

只要他还在电视上,每个人都按规矩办事儿。

No percentage, no skim.

没一分一毫的差别。

The network wanted squeaky clean and they got it. Mopes is sparkling.

这个电视台要一个一尘不染的,他们得到了。莫珀斯干净得闪闪发亮。

Please.

求求你。

You got nothing left?

你真的一文不名?

Exactly! That's what I,ve been trying to tell you!

对啊!我就是想让你知道这个!

职场美语

How hard could your job be? You just welcome the tens of guests and put them into hotels.

你的工作能有多难?否就是迎接十几个客人,然后让他们住旅馆吗?

Put yourself in my shoes. Ten people are a lot to take care of.

你设身处地地想想,要照顾十个人人可不是容易的事儿。

Put yourself in my shoes. You just don't care about anyone but yourself.

站在我的角度想想。你谁都不在乎,只在乎你自己。

I'm sony about everything, but I didn't have any other options at that moment.

我真的很抱歉,但当时我沒有其他选择。

重点讲解

Judge the situation from my point of view.

Put yourself in my shoes.

我们常说“站在我的角度…”,而英语中则是“站在我的鞋里……”, 即:Put yourself in my shoes, and you will see what I see.这是个常用的俗语。类似的还有Try to put yourself ih my place.(试着站在我的角度想想。)或You should hear out my side of the story.(你应该听听我是怎么看这件事情的。)

分享到
重点单词
  • corporateadj. 社团的,法人的,共同的,全体的
  • sparklingadj. 闪闪发光的,闪烁的;起泡沫的 v. 闪耀;发出
  • networkn. 网络,网状物,网状系统 vt. (以网络)覆
  • frankadj. 坦白的,直率的,真诚的 vt. 免费邮寄,使自
  • skimvt. 撇去浮沫,略读,掠过,滑过 vi. 掠过,覆盖了
  • slotn. 槽,狭缝,时间段,职位 vt. 留细长的孔,插入,