影视剧中的职场美语 第87期:签订合同
日期:2014-05-06 16:57

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》


Yaniv:Some people think it's strange I have a contract for my exercise class. But I want people to understand the commitment I expect from them.

亚尼夫:有人会觉得上我的运动课需要签合同很奇怪,但我要大家明白,我期望大家兑现承诺。

I found in the past.

过去我发现…

Gabrielle:Here you go. All signed.

加百列:行了,都签好了。

Yaniv:You didn't even read it.

亚尼夫:合同你连读都没读。

Gabrielle:Oh, no need. I'm up for anything.

加百列:噢,不需要,我什么苦都能吃。

Although I did just get a manicure, so nothing that might chip a nail.

但我刚修了指甲,所以凡是要削指甲的都不行。

Yaniv:Mrs. Solis...Let me tell you what I learn in the Israeli army.

亚尼夫:索利斯太太,让我告诉你我在以色列军队里学到了什么。

A group without commitment is a group that will fail.

没有承诺的队伍必败无疑。

The women in my morning class are committed.

我早班里的女学员都是发过誓的。

I am starting to think that you are not tough enough.

我觉得你还不够坚强。

Gabrielle:Not tough enough? Let me tell you something, Mr.Iraqi army guy.

加百列:不够坚强?我跟你说,伊拉克大兵。

Yaniv:Israeli.

亚尼夫:是以色列。

Gabrielle:Whatever. I used to be a model, and you don't know what war is until you've been in a dressing room with a bunch of size zeroes reaching for the last rice cake.

加百列:管他呢。我曾是一名模特,和一群只穿零号码衣服,只吃一块糕点的姑娘们同处一室,我会不知道什么是战争?

I am plenty tough.

我够坚强了。

Yaniv:I'm not so sure.

亚尼夫:那可不一定。

Gabrielle:Hey, I know some of those women in your exercise class.

加百列:我认识你训练班的女学员。

The most exercise they ever get is cutting a piece of cake.

她们的训练无非是切蛋糕这么简单。

Yaniv:That's a lap!

亚尼夫:罚跑一圈!

Gabrielle:Excuse me?

加百列:什么!

Yaniv:In the contract.

亚尼夫:合同里写了的。

There are certain words I do not tolerate-"cake," "tired," "can't," "doughnut."

某些词我是不能容忍的。蛋糕,累,做不到和油炸圈。

If I hear them, you owe me a lap.

要是让我听见了,罚跑一圈。

职场美语

We cut a deal with Sony and now we handle all of their accounts in Jersey City.

我们与索尼达成了协议,现在负责操作他们在泽西市的所有账户。

That's fantastic!

太棒了!

I heard that your company has adpoted a new kind of technology and cut a deal into a new project.Is that true?

我听说你们公司采用了一项新技术并达成协议把它运用到了新项目中。这是真的吗?

That's true.And it panned out.We have earned a lot.

是真的。结果成功了。我们大赚了一笔。

重点讲解

We have an agreement.

We cut a deal.

Cut a deal这个俚语是“达成协议”的意思。To cut a deal并不是撕破,或是破坏一个交易。相反地,to cut a deal就是在做生意方面或在司法方面和对方达成一个协议。如:I cut a deal with my partner.我和我的合伙人达成了一个协议。

分享到
重点单词
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • commitmentn. 承诺,保证; 确定,实行
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • contractn. 合同,契约,婚约,合约 v. 订合同,缩短,缩小,
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • committedadj. 献身于某种事业的,委托的