影视剧中的职场美语 第90期:空穴来风
日期:2014-05-09 17:09

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》


Daniel:Well, thanks for everything you did today.

丹尼尔:谢谢你今天所做的一切。

Betty:You're the one who saved the day.

贝蒂:你是今天的救星。

Daniel:Yeah, but you're the one who brought Sofia here.

丹尼尔:嗯,但索菲亚是你带来的。

Betty:Well, yes.

贝蒂:嗯,对。

I just thought she needed to see you in a different part of town.

我以为她想在城里别的地方看到你。

Betty:Did she catch her plane?

贝蒂:她赶上飞机了吗?

Daniel:She decided to postpone her trip.

丹尼尔:她决定推迟她的行程。

Betty:Oh, congratulations.

贝蒂:哦,恭喜。

Daniel:Same to you.

丹尼尔:你也一样。

She told me about the job offer she made to you.

她告诉我关于她给你的工作了。

Betty:Oh, no, Daniel.

贝蒂:哦,不,丹尼尔。

I…it came out of nowhere.

哦,这消息是空穴来风。

I didn't even take her seriously.

我根本没当她认真的。

I would never…I mean…I could never...leave you.

我决不...我意思是...我永远不会...离开你。

Daniel:It's a fantastic opportunity.

丹尼尔:这是个很棒的机会。

Betty:I'm happy

我很开心。

Daniel:Betty, you didn't grow up wanting to be my assistant.

丹尼尔:你不是为了当我助手而成长的。

You have your own dreams.

你有自己的梦想。

I would never stand in your way.

我绝对不会阻碍你的。

职场美语

He said he could affect the stock market in ways that can't be easily proven.

他说他可以以不易察觉的手段影响股市行情。

That's a lot of bull.Everyone knows he has been broken.

那都是胡说八道。所有人都知道他已经破产了。

You must do it because I said so.

你必须这么干,因为我说了算。

That's a lot of bull.You can't tell me what to do.

胡扯,你没资格给我发号施令。

重点讲解

You are speaking nonsense.

That's a lot of bull.

Bull在这句话中是bullshit(牛粪)的缩写,在这里指“毫无价值的论调和观点”。也可以直接说:You're talking bullshit.(你就是在扯淡)。但这个说法有点粗鲁,仅限于非常生气的情况下使用。

分享到
重点单词
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj
  • planeadj. 平的,与飞机有关的 n. 飞机,水平,水准,刨
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • postponevt. 延期,推迟
  • fantasticadj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的
  • affectvt. 影响,作用,感动