影视剧中的职场美语 第64期:旅途劳顿
日期:2014-03-27 16:52

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Nikita,《尼基塔》

Nikita:Hello, Michael.
尼基塔:你好啊,迈克尔。
Michael:What the hell are you doing here?
迈克尔:你来这儿干嘛?
Nikita:Thanks, my flight was lovely. How about yours?
尼基塔:谢谢问候。旅途很愉快,你呢?
Michael:If you think you can stop me...
迈克尔:如果你觉得你能阻止我...
Nikita:I'm pretty sure that taxi driver ripped me off.
尼基塔:那个出租车司机肯定宰了我一刀。
Michael:You picked the wrong mission to mess with.
迈克尔:这次任务你不该插手的。
Nikita:Relax.
尼基塔:放轻松。
I'm not here to stop you.
我不是来阻止你的。
Henry:Ah.Nikita,right on time.
亨利:哈,尼基塔,很准时。
Nikita:Hello,Henry.What did you do,rewire the navigation system so it can accept a closed-circuit feed?
尼基塔:你好,亨利。你怎么做的?重新联上导航系统,就能接收闭路信号了吗?
Henry:Satellite.Harder to track.
亨利:是卫星,更难跟踪。
Nikita:You said you had something for me.
尼基塔:你说有情况向我汇报。
Henry:Yeah.A key-word flag you had me set was tripped.
亨利:没错,你让我留意的一个关键人物有异动。
Nikita:Where's the report?
尼基塔:报告呢?
Henry:Look under the seat.
亨利:看看座椅底下。
The person you're interested in is coming out of hiding for a meeting.
你感兴趣的那个人,从藏身处出来了,要去参加一个会议。
Tariq.Mean something to you?
他叫塔里克,这些信息对你有用吗?
Nikita:You could say that.Though it's going to mean more to a…to a friend.
尼基塔:可以这么说吧,应该说是对我的一个…一个朋友更有用。

职场美语
Come on,stop nagging me,OK? I've got 20 hours of flight on me.
天呐,别唠叨我了,好吗? 我坐了20个小时的飞机。
OK,you can take a rest first.Remember to call me in the evening.
好吧,你可以先休息一下。晚上记得给我打电话。
I'm so glad to see you finally.You know what, I've got 20 hours of flight on me.
终于见到你了,真高兴。你知道吗,我坐了20个小时的飞机。
What a long trip!You really need a good rest now.
真是一段漫长的旅程。现在你需要好好休息一下了。

重点讲解
I have been on the plane for 20 hours.
I've got 20 hours of flight on me.
很多人不喜欢出差,很大一部分原因恐怕是因为旅途劳顿。本句“我坐了20个小时的飞机”实在有些夸张,这句话我们一般会直译成:I have been on the plane for 20 hours.但其实,老外有更地道的表达:I've got 20 hours of flight on me.如果开了20小时的车,则可以说:I just rode 20 hours from Boston.

分享到
重点单词
  • planeadj. 平的,与飞机有关的 n. 飞机,水平,水准,刨
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • navigationn. 航行,航海,导航
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无