影视剧中的职场美语 第31期:请假休息
日期:2014-02-07 16:14

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Ay,betty! What are you doing here?
啊 Betty! 你在这儿干嘛?
I sleep here!
这里是我的卧室啊!
What are you doing sneaking in my window like you're back in high school?
你干嘛跟上高中的时候一样 从我的窗户里偷溜进来啊?
I was out last night... With santos.
我昨天晚上没回来... 跟Santos在一起。
But i don't want papi to know,or justin,yet.
我不想让爸爸知道 Justin也不行。
I mean,i don't even know if this is " you"
我是说 我真不知道他这是"我爱你"。
Or just,you know,"i love you naked."
或者是 你知道 "我爱你的身体"。
Okay,so,you are back in high school.
好吧 你又重回高中时代了。
What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be at work?
你到底在这里干什么嘛? 你不是应该已经去上班了吗?
I'm calling in sick.
我请了病假。
Oh,what,are you still mad at everyone there?
哦,怎么了,你还在生那些家伙们的气?
Why wouldn't i be?
不行吗?
Christina's my best friend. I confided things to her,
Christina是我最好的朋友。我对她无话不说。她却跑去告诉了Wilhelmina。
And daniel told me to butt out of his life,
Daniel叫我不要干涉他的私生活,
That i'm just his secretary.
我不过是他的秘书罢了
And henry...Well,what did he do?
还有Henry...哦 那他怎么了呢?
Nothing.
没什么。
But he has a girlfriend,
但他有女朋友。
And that's just thcherry on the sundae.
这才是重点。
Would you like adae?
想吃圣代吗?
Maybe.
也许吧。
Well,toug it's monday. Go to work. Be an adult.
哦,坚强点,今天是礼拜一呢。去上班吧,成熟点。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》


职场美语

Honey,you're coughing blood.
亲爱的,你可是在咳血啊。
I know.My health is flagging.
我知道,我的健康亮红灯了。
It takes a long time for me to get over a cold.What does it say?
我感冒要好长时间才康复,这说明了什么?
I know.I know.That your health is flagging.
我知道,我知道。你的健康亮红灯啦。

精讲部分

I am sick.
My health is flagging.
My health is flagging.的表达效果就像中文里“我的健康亮起红灯”一样,比I am sick(我病了)更委婉。be flagging用来形容事情或事物变得细微和脆弱。

分享到