影视剧中的职场美语 第28期:涨工资
日期:2014-01-23 15:46

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Why should I give you a raise?Give me one good reason.
我为什么要给你涨工资啊?给我一个充分的理由。
Cause I'm doing a good job.
因为我工作干的不错啊。
Is that a question?
这是个问句吗?
No.Since I took over the column,the readerships doubled.
不是,自从我接手这个专栏以来,读者数量翻了一倍。
So you are doing a good job.
所以你确实干的不错。
Yes,if you go by circulation and popularity.
死的,如果就销量和受欢迎程度来说的话。
Okay.Why not make it permanent?
好吧,把这专栏永久固定下来吧。
What do you mean,like forever?
您的意思是永不取消?
Yeah,that's what permanent means.
对,就是这意思。
John,every bozo out there would like to have their own column.
约翰,那外面所有家伙都想要自己的专栏。
Everybody in that entire room.
这房间里的所有人都是。
And you've taken the column and you've turned it into something fresh.
你接手了这专栏又给我们带来了很多新鲜的东西。
I know you don't want to hear it,but you're really good columnist.
我知道你不爱听这话,但你是个很好的专栏作家。
Why you hesitating?
还在犹豫什么?
I just have this idea about myself,you know,as a reporter.
我只是一直把自己想成一个记者,你知道的。
Well,sometimes life comes up with a better idea. I'll tell you what.
我跟你说吧,有时生活是出乎意料的。
You take on a daily column,I will double your salary.
你接手这个每日专栏,我把你的工资加倍。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Marley & Me,《玛丽和我》

职场美语

The sales of this month have been doubled.
这个月的销售量翻了一番。
Great!I'll give you a raise.You deserve it.
太好了!我会给你涨工资。这是你应得的。
For your excellent performance in the project,I'll give you a raise.
鉴于你在这个项目中的优秀表现,我会给你涨工资。
Wow!Thanks.I don't know.I'm still in the air.
啊!谢谢。我不知道,我现在还没反应过来呢。

精讲部分

I'll raise your salary.
I'll give you a raise.
上司要给下属涨工资时应该怎样说呢?老外最常用的是:I'll give you a raise.我会给你涨工资。Raise在这里作名词,指(工资,薪金)提升。Give sb. a raise是非常简洁地道的表达,而不需要用raise salary来逐字翻译。

分享到
重点单词
  • performancen. 表演,表现; 履行,实行 n. 性能,本事
  • permanentadj. 永久的,持久的 n. 烫发
  • columnn. 柱,圆柱,柱形物,专栏,栏,列
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • popularityn. 普及,流行,名望,受欢迎
  • circulationn. 流通,循环,发行量,消息传播