影视剧中的职场美语 第75期:同甘共苦
日期:2014-04-15 16:08

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》


Wilhelmina:Daniel doesn't have to know about this.

惠乐曼:丹尼尔不需要了解这些。

Secrets can stay between friends, right?

朋友之间应该能保守秘密, 对吗?

Betty:Friends?

贝蒂:朋友?

Wilhelmina:Well, at "Mode," I think of all of us as family... and family sticks together through the good times and the bad.

惠乐曼:嗯, 在《时尚》我认为我们是一个大家庭...一家人要一起同甘共苦。

Do you know Rodrigo in styles?

你认识设计部的罗德里格吗?

Betty:Sure. He has great taste.

贝蒂:认识, 他品味很不错。

Wilhelmina:Impeccable,

惠乐曼:好极了,

but you wouldn't know that if an anonymous donor hadn't paid his way through design school.

要不是有个匿名捐赠者替他付设计学校的学费的话,你就没机会认识他了。

Betty... strong people are the ones who ask for help.

贝蒂...聪明人是会寻求帮助的。

Betty:Um... my father, uh...

嗯...我父亲, 呃...

is going through some... some legal problems,

碰到了一些...一些法律问题,

and my family was told that for a good, supposedly great, lawyer,

我的家人得知要请一个好的, 有用的律师,

it would cost us $20,000.

要花20000美元。

Wilhelmina:Well, Betty, I have a daughter I would do anything for,

好吧, Betty, 我有个女儿,为了她我可以不惜一切。

just as you would do anything for your father,

就象你会为了你父亲不惜一切,

I'm sure.

我很肯定。

Betty:What do you want in return?

贝蒂:你想要什么作回报?

Wilhelmina:Is that something you ask family?

惠乐曼:你也会跟家人这么问吗?

职场美语

I could tell the clients that I gave the job to you and I know nothing about it.

我可以跟客户说我把工作交给你了,而我自己一无所知。

We're in the same boat.Don't even try to blame it all on me.They'll find out sooner or later.

咱们可是一条绳上的蚂蚱。别想把罪责都推给我。他们迟早会发现的。

The police are coming.I'm going to run away.Goodbye.

警察要来了。我可要逃了,拜拜。

What?We're in the same boat.You can't just leave like that.

什么?咱们可是一条绳上的蚂蚱。你可不能就这样溜了。

重点讲解

We all should take responsibilty for it.

We're in the same boat.

We're in the same boat.看起来跟汉语里的“同舟共济”简直一模一样、但是“同舟共济”意思积极一些,be in the same boat特别指处在同样的困境或者麻烦里,在意义上更接近“同一条绳子上的蚂蚱”。

分享到
重点单词
  • impeccableadj. 无过的,无错误的,无瑕疵的
  • moden. 方式,样式,模式,风格,时兴 n. [音乐]
  • donorn. 捐赠人 [计算机] 施主
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • anonymousadj. 匿名的,无名的,没特色的
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备