影视剧中的职场美语 第121期:谈判底线
日期:2014-06-25 17:26

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》


Well,why can't you do both?

那你为什么不都做呢?

God. I don't know why I am so nervous about all of this!

天哪,我不知道为什么会那么紧张!

Well,because Archie asked you to be on TV with him.

因为阿奇请你和他一起上电视。

That's sort of a big deal.

那算是件大事了。

I know,I know, it's like he asked me to be part of his future or something.

我知道,我知道,就像他要求我成为他未来的另一半那样。

Hold on. Closet. Uh,no,Christina is not here…Right-right now.

等一下。挂衣帽间。克里斯蒂娜不在这里…现在就要,

Can I, uh, tell her you called? Okay,bye.

我能转告她吗?好,再见。

She's still not in yet?

她还没来吗?

I can keep covering for her.

是的,我不知道,我还能帮她打哈哈多久。

I mean,at some point,I have to draw the line,right?

我想说,总得有个底线的说,对吧?

Listen, thereonly so much you can do,you know?

听着,你能做的只有这些,

At some point, she's gotta make her own decisions.

在某些事上,要她自己做决定。

You're right.

你说的对。

So the camera adds 10 years,right?

话说镜头里人要老10岁哈。

10 pounds.

肥10镑。

Oh,crap,I got a lot of work to do.

天哪,我得努把力了。

Oh,can you put that up higher?

噢,劳驾那个调高点。

Okay,everyone,Hartley's coming at 11:00 a.m. sharp.

好了,各位,哈特莱将在11点整到达。

So please,let's pick up the pace.

拜托,大家加快速度。

职场美语

I'll be honest with you. Our budgeted cost can't exceed more than 200 dollars per unit.

我跟你说实话吧,我们预算的支出是每套不能超过200美元,

This is our bottom line.

这是我们的底线,

If you can meet that price, you've got a deal. Otherwise…

如果满足这个价格,你就有生意可做,否则…

OK. That sounds acceptable.

可以。这是可以接受的。

It's about the best we can do, Dan. This is our bottom line.

我们没办法再让步了。这是我们的底线。

OK, 17% the first six months, 14% for the second?

好吧!前6个月八三折,后6个月八六折,好吗?

重点讲解

This is all we can offer.

This is our bottom line.

在谈判或者交易中,我们常用bottom line这个词来表市“底线,这是 个很形象的表达。如果不能再让步了,已经是底线了,就可以说:This is our bottom line.而制定底线就是:draw die line.

分享到
重点单词
  • exceedvt. 超过,胜过,超出界限 vi. 领先
  • coveringn. 覆盖物,遮避物 adj. 掩护的,掩盖的
  • acceptableadj. 合意的,受欢迎的,可接受的