影视剧中的职场美语 第29期:招兵买马
日期:2014-01-26 16:14

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Gabrielle Solis?Bradley Scott.Remember?
加布里尔索里斯?布拉德利斯科特还记得吗?
Carlos and I did some business ack in his finance days.
以前卡洛斯和我有过生意来往。
Oh,right!How are you?
哦,对的!你近来如何?
Good,Maria and I finally got married.
不错,玛丽和我终于结婚了。
I started my own investment fund.
我开创了自己的投资基金。
How about yourself?
你呢?
Good,good.I don't know if you heard about Carlos got his sight back.
不错,不知道你有没有听说过卡洛斯视力恢复了。
Oh,my…my god.I had no idea.
哦,天哪,我一点都不知道。
I know.Life is good.
我知道,生活是美好的。
Now all we have to do is find him a job.
现在我们要做的是给他找份工作。
Well,Your timing just might be perfect here.
呃,时机太巧了。
Why?You need someone?
怎么了?你招人?
As a matter of fact, I do. Think he is interested?
事实上是这样,你觉得他会感兴趣吗?
I don't know. I cannot speak for Carlos.
我不知道,我不能代替卡洛斯做主。
It's an upper-level position with lots of perks and the salary's in the high six figures.
这可是个津贴丰厚的高层职位,薪水高达6位数。
I am now speaking for Carlos. He will take it.
现在我替卡洛斯做主吧,他要了。
Great.I;d kill to have Carlos on my team.
很好,能让卡洛斯加入我是在所不惜啊,
The man was a shark. Have him call me.
他可是个狠角色,让他打电话给我。
Yeah.So long,sucka.
好的,再见,傻瓜。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》


职场美语

I am working at Siemens now when I heard that you are recruting.
我现在西门子工作,听说您这里正在招聘。
Yes,we're on the look-out for new talents.When are you available for an interview?
是的,我们正在招人。你什么时候方便来面试呢?

We're on the look-out for new talents.So if you know anybody…
我们正在搜寻新的人才,所以如果你知道谁的话…
Okay.I'll let you know.
好的,我会通知你。

精讲部分

We are looking for new employees.
We're on the look-out for new talents.
口语中表示招聘,使用on look-out这个介词短语更加地道,on the look-out不同于一般的寻找,而是隐含着一些挑战和对未来的未知。如果公司职位有空缺,正在招人,就可以说:We're on the look-out for new talents.我们正在招人。有时并非公司直接招人,而是通过猎头,也就是:headhunter。

分享到
重点单词
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • sharkn. 鲨鱼 n. 贪婪的人,放高利贷的人,老手 v. 诈
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的