影视剧中的职场美语 第7期:谈论福利待遇
日期:2013-12-24 16:42

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Well,Will,I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
威尔,我不太确定你是什么意思。
We've already offered you a position.
我们已经给你提供了一个职位。
Nobody in this town works without a retainer, guys.
在这个镇上,人人都要预付聘金。
You think you can find somebody who does, you have my blessin'.
如果你要找个不要预付聘金的人,那祝你好运。
But I think we all know that person is not gonna represent you as well as I can.
但是我想你我心里都清楚,那样的人帮你做事是不会想我做得这么好的。
Will, our offer is $84,000 a year.
威尔,我们给你开出的年薪是84000,另外还有福利。
Retainer! Retainer.
预付聘金。我要的就是预付聘金。
You want us to give you cash right now?
你想让我们现在就给你现金吗?
Whoa-ho-ho. Easy-- Now, I didn't say that.
喔吼吼,别紧张,我可没这么说。
Allegedly, what I am saying is your situation will be concurrently improved if I had two hundred sheets in my pocket right now.
理论上讲,如果我现在口袋里就有200美元现金的话你们公司的境遇就会随之提高。
I don't think I can-- Larry?
我似乎美元。拉里,你呢?
I've got $73. Will you take a check?
我身上有73美元。你收支票吗?
Let me tell you somethin'. You're suspect.
坦白地说,我对你们有所怀疑。
Yeah, you. I don't know what your reputation is in this town,
没错,是怀疑你们。我不知道你们公司在镇上的声誉怎么样,
but after the shit you tried to pull today,
但根据你今天的这些胡说八道,
you can bet I'll be lookin' into you.
我就要调查你了。
Now, any business we have heretofore,
现在,我们在这之前涉及的任何事情,
you can speak with my aforementioned attorney.
你都可以找前面提到的我的律师。
Good day, gentlemen.
各位,再见。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Good Will Hunting,《心灵捕手》


职场美语

I heard that you've got a new job.What's the benefits package like?
听说你找了份新工作,福利待遇怎么样?
They're really good.
挺不错的。

Do you have any questions about your job?
关于工作方面你还有什么问题吗?
Yes.What's the benefits package like?
是。这个工作的福利保障怎么样?

精讲部分

诱人的工资并不是一个工作唯一吸引人的地方,其他的福利待遇(benefits/benegits package)有时候可能更为重要。工作福利一般包括奖金(bounus),健康保险(health insurance),带薪假期(paid vacation days),养老退休金(pension plan)等,所以下次协商酬劳时候不要忘了问:What's the benefits package like? 你们有什么福利待遇?

分享到
重点单词
  • heretoforeadv. 以前,迄今为止
  • attorneyn. (辩护)律师
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • reputationn. 声誉,好名声
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施
  • suspectn. 嫌疑犯 adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的 v. 怀疑