影视剧中的职场美语 第83期:公司派对
日期:2014-04-28 17:05

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自The Holiday,《恋爱假期》


Hugh:Everyone, can I have your attention, please?

休格:各位各位,听我说两句好吗?

Just a couple minutes. Thank you.

就几分钟,谢谢。

Jasper:Hate it that we can never talk.

贾思博:我不喜欢跟你形同陌路。

Iris:Hate it.

不喜欢。

Hugh:Well, first of all, a very Happy Christmas to each and every one of you.

休格:首先,祝各位圣诞快乐。

Now, we're not officially closed, as you very well know,

大家都知道,现在咱们还没有正式放假,

but we are going to try and get by this week with a smaller than normal staff.

不过这周我们尽量让一部分人先放假。

But before some of you rush off on holiday, I do have one rather important announcement.

不过在某些人急赶着度假之前我还有件大事要宣布。

Now, this affects Iris. where are you?

有关爱丽丝的,你在哪呢?

Iris:Here, sir.

爱丽丝:我在这,先生。

Hugh:Iris, I have a tip for you.

休格:有个料要爆给你。

Iris:Excellent.

爱丽丝:棒极了。

Hugh:A wedding was privately announced earlier today that I don't believe any other paper in town knows about,

休格:今天早上有人宣布要结婚了我想这块料还没有爆到其他报社,

and I want you to be the first to report on this particular union,

我想让你第一个来报道,

as it is between two of our most esteemed colleagues.

我们之中最优秀的2 位的结合。

May I introduce the newly-engaged Sarah Smith-Alcott and Jasper Bloom!

有请刚刚订婚的萨拉史密斯奥尔科特和贾思博布鲁斯!

Jasper:Well, if I'd known this was gonna happen, I'd have worn my good suit.

贾思博:早知道要上台我就换身好行头了。

Let's celebrate!

咱们得庆祝庆祝啊!

Everyone, drink the champagne and eat the canapes here。

各位尽情享用香槟和脆饼吧。

职场美语

Round everybody up.It's time for our annual party.

大家集合,开年会的时间到了。

OK.We will be ready.

行,马上就好。

Why is everybody rounded up?

大伙儿怎么都聚到一块儿了?

Well,it is about party time.

恩,马上就要开派对了。

重点讲解

Let's come together and have a party.

Round everybody up,and it's party time.

Round在这里是动词,当和副词up连用时,表示“使人或物聚拢起来;使人或物集合在一起”。因此公司要开party时,说上一句round everybody up,既可以调节气氛还表示party要开始了。这是一个很地道的表达,还可以说round up,everybody.

分享到
重点单词
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • announcementn. 通知,发表,宣布
  • announced宣布的
  • irisn. 虹膜,鸢尾属植物,彩虹之女神
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • celebratev. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬