影视剧中的职场美语 第130期:直觉判断
日期:2014-07-08 18:29

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》


Hey, Tom. No, still waiting. Big surprise.

嗨,汤姆。不,还在等待。有个大惊喜。

They're running behind at an ad agency.

这么多人竞聘广告公司。

So did any of those other places call back? Seriously?

其他应聘公司有回应吗?真的?

Six interviews and nothing?

6场面试一次没成功?

Well, I should probably try and keep my game face on here. I'll-I,ll call you, later. I love you. Bye.

好吧,我得在这努力争取。我,我再打给你,我爱你,再见。

Mariana! I had a feeling that you'd be interviewing for this!

玛丽安娜!我就感觉你会来面试的!

Hey, Nikki.

嘿,尼基。

So I guess Anna should be showing up any minute,too.

我猜安娜也随时可能来。

No. You didn't hear?

不会,你没听说吗?

She's pregnant.

她怀孕了。

Oh,My god. A kid and she,just turned 30? Bye-bye,career.

哦,天哪。30岁生孩子?跟事业说再见吧。

Oh,don't start. I,m gonna be 30 in 2 years.

哦,别提伤心事。我还有2年就满30了,

I feel so old. Do you wanna know what's even sadder?

感觉自己好老。你知道什么更可悲吗?

I just heard that Veronica's looking for work,and she's 39.

我听说维罗妮卡还在找工作,她都39了。

In this business? After 35,they take you out back,and they shoot you in the face.

在广告界? 35岁之后他们把你换下来,然后朝你脸上开枪。

Lynette Scavo. We,re ready for you. Coming.

利奈特斯卡沃。轮到你面试了,来吧。

Do me a favor. If you hear a gunshot,tell my four kids I love them.

请帮我个忙,如果你们听到枪响,麻烦告诉我的4个孩子,我爱他们。

职场美语

How come they didn't accept you? You were the perfect candidate.

他们怎么能没录取你?你可是最合适的人选啊。

My guts tell me that the interviewer personally hates me for some reason.

我的直觉告诉我那面试官不知为何对我恨之人骨。

What do I do? My guts tell me that I'm going to faint on stage.

怎么办?我心里总觉得我要在舞台上昏倒了。

You're over-thinking. It's just common stage fright.

你想太多了。上台前紧张很正常的。

重点讲解

My intuition is that...

My guts tell me that...

gut大致指人的胃和小肠的部分。古时候的人相信人的情感和思考全部是通过guts来进行的。现在虽然人们把情感和思考都归功于了脑子,但在语言上人们 还是习惯说My guts tell me sth.,意思就是“我的直觉告诉我...。

分享到
重点单词
  • candidaten. 候选人,求职者
  • intuitionn. 直觉,直觉的知识
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • faintn. 昏厥,昏倒 adj. 微弱的,无力的,模糊的 v.