影视剧中的职场美语 第43期:工作时间
日期:2014-02-25 17:01

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Look you gotta start somewhere right
但你总要出人头地,是不是?
I mean look at this dump Nate works in.
你看笨内特的工作。
I mean come on. Paper napkins Hello.
拜托,做纸巾?有没有搞错?
Yeah. And Lily she works at that gallery doing uh you know...
对哦,莉莉她在画廊里做那个什么…
Oh Im sorry. What exactly is it that you do anyway?
哦,抱歉,你到底是做什么的?
Well lucky for me I already have my dream job.
我很幸运,已经找到了理想工作。
Youre a corporate research analyst.
你是个财务研究分析员。
Oh youre right. My job sucks. No.
没错,这工作很烂 不是的!
It sucks. I dont... It's boring. It's all right. Breathe.
很烂,我…工作很无聊 没事的,深呼吸。
I'm trying. Here. Take a drink.
我在努力 来,喝一杯。
I will have a drink. I will have a drink. Ah yes.
我要喝一杯,喝一杯 啊,没错。
I'd like to propose a toast. To jobs that pay the rent.
为交房租而做的工作,干一杯。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自The Devil Wears Prada,《时尚女魔头》


职场美语
I work in the film industry.What do you do?
我在电影产业工作,你是干哪一行的呢?
I work in a nine-to-five job doing customer service at an insurance company.
我在一家保险公司做客服,朝九晚五。
I'm working nine-to-five every week.I wish there would be some changes in my life.
我每周都过着朝九晚五的生活。我希望生活能有些变化。
Hear,hear.Let's go on a road trip.
我同意。咱们去公路旅行。

精讲部分
I work regularly from nine a.m. to five p.m.
I'm working nine-to-five.
nine-to-five就是中文所说的“朝九晚五”,看来全世界部分的人们都在过着同样的职业生活。但是nine-to-five并不是一个简单的陈述,而往往还带有一丝消极的意味,与日复一日,一成不变等意思相联系。而朝九晚五的上班族则是9-5'er。

分享到
重点单词
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施
  • galleryn. 美术馆,画廊,顶层楼座,狭长的房间
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花
  • corporateadj. 社团的,法人的,共同的,全体的