影视剧中的职场美语 第72期:互相帮助
日期:2014-04-10 16:31

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Bride Wars,《结婚大作战》


Deb:Emma, there you are.

黛布:艾玛,你在这啊。

Emma:Oh, God, Deb. Hi.

艾玛:哦,上帝,黛布,嗨!

Deb:I know. Isn't it gorgeous? God, I feel so blessed to have this body.

黛布:我知道,很漂亮吧?上帝,有这样的身材我真是觉得幸运。

Emma:You know, I am so late...

艾玛:我要迟到了。

Deb:No, no, no. Listen. You gotta help me out here. You know the debate team?

黛布:不不不,听着,你得帮我的忙。你知道辩论队的事吧?

Emma:Yeah.

艾玛:知道。

Deb:I cannot go to the state finals. I mean, children talking about their little problems. Ugh! You gotta do it for me.

黛布:州决赛我去不了。那些孩子恶魔讨论他们那些小破事。呃!你得代我去。

Emma:Yeah, Deb, I'm already doing your late bus patrol and pep squad and your after-school detention.

艾玛:黛布,我已经在帮你值晚班车的班,做拉拉队,还有留堂的工作了。

You're the debate team adviser. I don't think that I should...

你才是辩论队的指导老师,我觉得不该由我…

Deb:I know. I do so much. I wish I could just do the bare minimum. I so admire you for that.

黛布:我知道,我做的事太多了。我真希望只用做最少的量就好了。真是羡慕你啊。

Emma:Thank you.

艾玛:谢谢。

Deb:Anyway, all right, look. Here's how we'll work it out. I'll do the debate team...

黛布:总之,听着,我们这样吧,辩论队我负责。

Emma:Okay, good.

艾玛:好,很好。

Deb:Uh-huh. If you take my Tuesday study halls for the rest of the year. Okay?

黛布:但是我负责周二学习时间,今年剩下的时间都由你来管,好么?

Emma:Yeah, that's...No.

艾玛:行,那…不。

Deb:All right. You owe me, girl.

黛布:好了,你欠我的,美女。

职场美语

Hey,could you cove me at my desk for the afternoon.Help a brother out?

嗨,你能下午帮我坐班,帮我这个忙吧?

Sure.You go ahead.

当然,你忙你的事情去吧。

Can you spare a buck,help a brother out?

能帮兄弟一把,赏个1美元吗?

I’m sorry.Do I know you?

对不起,你谁啊?

重点讲解

Would you help me?

Help a brother out?

在比较熟悉的人们中间,说Would you help me?或Please help me.似乎透露不出亲切的感觉,这个时候就要出动brother这个词了。Help a brother out.听起来就如同中文里的“帮哥们儿一把”。另一个类似的很常用的句子是:Give me a hand.

分享到
重点单词
  • buckn. (美元)块钱 n. 钱,鹿皮,(鹿皮等)制物,小伙
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • debaten. 辩论,讨论 vt. 争论,思考 vi. 商讨,辩论