影视剧中的职场美语 第73期:后悔不已
日期:2014-04-11 16:10

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Friends,《老友记》


Chandler:Ah sure. What's in 'em?

钱德勒:那里面是什么?

Phoebe:Umm, cups.

菲比:杯子。

Chandler:Oh good, because uh we got Rachel 800 gallons of water.

钱德勒:那好,因为我们替瑞秋准备了800加仑的水。

Ross:Seriously that's a lot of cups.

罗斯:老实说,可以装很多杯。

Phoebe:Yeah well, that's 'cause Monica put me in charge of cups and ice, and Monica is gonna rue the day that she put me in charge of cups and ice.

菲比:是莫妮卡叫我分管杯子和冰块,我要让她后悔莫及。

Chandler:Y'know I rued the day once…didn't get a whole lot else done.

钱德勒:我曾因为她交代的事没做完而后悔莫及。

Phoebe:Okay, time to bring up the rest of the cups. Oh, hi Joey!

菲比:好,我去把剩余的杯子也拿来。

Joey:Hey Pheebs! Hey!

乔伊:嗨,菲比,嗨!

Ross:Hey!

罗斯:嗨!

Joey:Ross good, I'm uh glad you're here. I wanna talk to you about something.

乔伊:罗斯,很高兴你在这,我想跟你谈谈。

Ross:What's up?

罗斯:怎么了?

Joey:Well, I've been thinking about this whole commercial thing, y'know me going up against Ben, the two of us competing, and that can't lead to anything good.

乔伊:我一直在想逛逛的事我和本,我们两人竞争,谁赢了都不会开心。

So, I think I'm just gonna step aside. I'm gonna tell them that I won't audition.

我想退出,我会告诉他们,我不去试镜了。

Ross:Wow, uh, Joey that's-that's great. Thanks man.

罗斯:哇,乔伊,那太好了,谢谢你,伙计。

Joey:That's it? You're-you're gonna let me do this?!

乔伊:什么?你竟…你竟忍心让我退出?

This-this is my career we're talking about here!

我们讨论的是可是我的事业!

职场美语

Your work is brilliant,but didn't you get the memo that we're taking another direction?

你工作完成得很棒,但是你没看到备忘录上说我们要换一种模式吗?

No. I could just kick myself!

没有啊!我后悔得真想踹自己一脚!

Your ex seems to be going out with your sister.

你的前男友似乎在跟你的妹妹交往。

Really?And I introduced them! I could just kick myself!

真的吗?竟然还是我介绍他俩认识的!我后悔得真想踹自己一脚!

重点讲解

I regret it very much.

I could just kick myself!

如果做错了事,单单用后悔已经无法描述自己无以复加的心情时,就可以说:I could just kick myself!我后悔得真想踹自己一脚!表示后悔莫及时,还可以说:You'll rue the day you said that to me.(对我说这些话会让你追悔莫及的。)也可以劝朋友:Don't cry for spilt milk.

分享到
重点单词
  • auditionn. 听,听力,试听
  • ruen. 懊悔,芸香,后悔 v. 后悔,悲伤,懊悔
  • commercialadj. 商业的 n. 商业广告
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石