影视剧中的职场美语 第74期:惊讶不已
日期:2014-04-14 16:35

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Friends,《老友记》


Chandler:Hey-hey-hey. Mon

钱德勒:嗨,莫妮卡。

Monica:You wanna hear something that sucks.

莫妮卡:嘿嘿嘿,想听一件很烂的事吗?

Chandler:Do I ever.

钱德勒:我听多了。

Monica:Chris says they're closing down the bar.

莫妮卡:克里斯要把酒吧收了。

Chandler:No way!

钱德勒:不会吧!

Monica:Yeah, apparently they're turning it into some kinda coffee place.

莫妮卡:是的,他们要把这类改成一家咖啡店。

Chandler:Just coffee! Where are we gonna hang out now?

钱德勒:只卖咖啡?我们以后要去哪里玩呢?

Monica:Got me.

莫妮卡:谁知道啊。

Chandler:Can I get a beer.

钱德勒:一瓶啤酒。

Monica:Hey, did you pick a roommate?

莫妮卡:嘿,室友挑好了吗?

Chandler:You betcha!

钱德勒:那当然。

Monica:Is it the Italian guy?

莫妮卡:是那个意大利帅哥吗?

Chandler:Um-mm, yeah right!

钱德勒:呃,是的,对!

Monica:He's so cute.

莫妮卡:他好可爱。

Chandler:Oh yes, and that's what I want a roommate that I can walk around with and be referred to as the funny one.

钱德勒:哦,太好了,我就想要这样一个室友,我可以和他四处逛逛,也可以被称之为有趣的人。

职场美语

Congratulations.You've just won a million dollars.

恭喜你,你刚赢了100万。

Get out!

天啊!这不是真的!

The manager will send you to Paris for the exhibition.

经理要派你去巴黎参加展会。

Get out!It's stunning.

这不是真的!太让人吃惊了。

重点讲解

I can't believe it's true.

Get out!

碰见一个巧合或者惊喜,惊讶之情溢于言表的时候,口语中的表达有:Get out!这里可不是“滚出去”的意思,而是“不可能!”一般要惊讶缓慢地说出,多用在发生好事时。

分享到