影视剧中的职场美语 第92期:故意刁难
日期:2014-05-13 17:04

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》


Daniel:She wants me.

丹尼尔:她是冲着我来的。

Betty:Excuse me?

贝蒂:什么?

Daniel:Well, you were there. You saw it, right?

丹尼尔:你在那的。你看见了,对吧?

Betty:I didn't really pick up on it.

贝蒂:我不是很懂。

Daniel:Come on. Sexaholics? That was clearly a jab at me.

丹尼尔:性爱狂?那分明就是针对我。

She gave you the article because she knew I'd see it.

她把文章给你因为她知道我会看的。

Betty:Daniel, you think maybe you're reading just a little bit too much into this?

贝蒂:丹尼尔,你不觉得你有点太代入角色了吗?

Daniel:No, no, no, no, no. Trust me. I know women.

丹尼尔:不,不,不。相信我。我了解女人。

She's playing games.

她在耍花招。

But you know what?

但是你知道吗?

It's fine. I'll just play games right back.

没关系。我打算奉陪到底。

Betty:Daniel do you actually have something for me to do?

贝蒂:丹尼尔,你真的有事让我做吗?

Daniel:Yeah. I, I need you to pick up my dry cleaning.

丹尼尔:有,我,我想让你去帮我把干洗的衣服拿回来。

I need you to buy me a new sliding plastic thingy for under my chair.

再去帮我的椅子买一个新的塑料的圆圆的东东。

That one's worn out.

那个已经磨坏了。

Betty:"Sliding plastic thingy".

贝蒂:“塑料的圆圆的东东”。

Coming right up.

马上就来。

Daniel:Betty! I'll tell you what.

丹尼尔:贝蒂!我告诉你。

I do have something more important for you.

其实我还有更重要的事要给你做。

You know I need a writer for that hotel review.

我需要一个作者给我些那篇酒店的评论。

Why don't you do it?

要不你写吧?

Betty:What? What, I can write the review?

贝蒂:什么?我能写评论?

Shut up. Really?

不会吧。真的?

Daniel:Yeah, it'll be fun. The hotel is 50 Prince in Shoo.

丹尼尔:没错,会很有趣的。酒店式在Soho 区的50 Prince。

You can just change the reservation to your name, if you want.

你可以把预留房间的名字改成你的,如果你想的话。

职场美语

Did you finish the report?I am going to tell on you.

你把报告写完了吗?还没有的话我可是要告发你的哦。

Why are you always on my case?Don’t you have some work to attend to yourself?

你为什么总找我麻烦?难道你没有自己的工作要做吗?

Why are you always on my case these days?Have I done something offending you?

你最近为什么总找我麻烦?我做了什么冒犯你的事情了吗?

Yes,you stood me up on a date a million years ago.I’m sure you don't remember.

是,你很久以前放过我鸽子,你绝对都不记得了。

重点讲解

What do you always find troubles with me?

Why are you always on my case?

On my case本意指“关注我的案子”,本来专用在法律情境下。现在可以用在工作和生活等更多的场合,指“总是责备我,刁难我”。可以这样说:Why are you always on my case?

分享到
重点单词
  • reservationn. 预定,保留意见
  • plasticadj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的 n