影视剧中的职场美语 第61期:一言既出
日期:2014-03-24 15:57

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Gossip Girl,《绯闻少女》

Living as an adult when you're a teenager,
孩子要像大人那么辛苦过活,
Is not something any parent wants for their child.
可不是家长想让自己孩子有的经历。
Well, what about what I want for me?
那我自己想要的呢?
Well, until you're 18, what you want gets trumped by what I want.
只要你没有满18岁,在这里还是我说了算。
Plan "B."
B计划
Come to the atelier with me today.
今天跟我去工作室。
Come with you?
跟你去?
I'll make you a deal. Spend the day with me, and by the end of the day,
我们做笔交易和我一起,过完这一天后,
If you honestly think that I should go back to, Constance on Monday, I will.
如果你还是真的想让我星期一回康士坦茨的话,我就回。
Jenny, I've seen all your designs,
我已经看过你的所有的设计了,
Heard about your internship all summer long.
听说你整个暑期是怎么实习的了。
What more is there?
你还想让我看什么?
Well, things are different now.
现在不同了。
Well, at least we'll be moving forward in one way or another.
好吧,至少我们有两条路可以选了。
It's a deal.
说定了。
You mean it?
真的吗?
You have my word.
说话算数。
Thank you!
谢谢。

职场美语
I heard we will have a meeting today.
我听说我们今天要开会。
Yeah,it's going to be a long meeting.Mark my word for it.
是啊,会议将会开很长时间,我说得准没错。
Mark my word.One day I'll become a billionaire.
你瞧着吧,总有一天我会变成个亿万富翁。
Yeah,we'll see.
好吧,咱们走着瞧。

重点讲解
Trust my word
Mark my word for it
Mark是“标志,做标记于”的意思。Mark my word就是“把我说的话记下来”,暗含着我的话在今后会应验的意味。这句话在汉语里大致相当于“听我的,准没错”的意思。若你的朋友有些质疑你的预测或观点时,你就可以说这句话来做担保。

分享到