影视剧中的职场美语 第88期:购买纪念品
日期:2014-05-07 16:55

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Sleepless In Seattle,《西雅图夜未眠》


Stranger:Don't you hate flying?   

陌生人:你不讨厌坐飞机吗?   

An:Yes I do. And I just told the most terrible one to the man I'm about to marry. Do you feel that any lie is a betrayal?   

安:不,我很讨厌,而且我刚刚跟我的未婚夫撒了个大谎。你觉得诺言都是背叛吗?   

Stranger:I said FLYING.   

陌生人:我是在说“坐飞机”。   

ictoria:Thanks for bringing me out here.   

维:谢谢你把我送到这儿。   

Sam:Well, he likes the planes.   

山:没事,他喜欢飞机。   

Vi:Can I bring something back for you? Souvenir?

维:我能给你带回什么吗?纪念品什么的?

Do you like those little “Snow Globes”? You know you shake them up and then the snow floats down.   

你喜欢“小雪球”吗?你一摇雪花就飘下来了。   

Jonah:Sure. I'd really like that. Thank you so much.   

乔:太好了,那太好了。非常感谢你。   

Sa:He is eight.   

山:他才8岁。   

Vi:He's good at it.   

维:确实如此。   

Sa:I read an article about this. All children are hideous at the age of eight. It's quite normal.   

山:我读过一篇关于这方面的文章。8岁的孩子都很令人害怕。这很正常。   

Vi:Well, maybe when I come back, the two of us ought spend some time together on our own.

维:嗯,我回来时,我们俩也许应该独自在一起呆一阵。

What do you think?

你认为如何?

Bye.Bye. Jonah.   

再见,再见,乔那。  

职场美语

I'm expecting the bright future of your company.And this,I will keep it for a souvenir.

我很期待你们公司的光明前景。这个我留作纪念。

Thank you for coming.It's truly a wonderful activity.We will work better.

感谢您光临。确实是个很好的活动。我们会继续努力。

What a nice medal!

真是漂亮的勋章!

Yeah,it's beautiful.I will keep it for a souvenir.It means something to me.

是的,很美。我要留作纪念。这对我来说又特殊意义。

重点讲解

I will take it for remembering.

I will keep it for a souvenir.

Souvenir一词源自拉丁语,本意是让自己想起来,现在指纪念品。如果想做有纪念意义的事情,比如拍照,购买纪念品时,就可以说:I will keep it for a souvenir.(我要留作纪念。)收集纪念品是:collect mementos。

分享到
重点单词
  • souvenirn. 纪念品
  • collectv. 收集,聚集 v. 推论 adv. 接收者付款
  • betrayaln. 背叛,暴露
  • medaln. 奖章,勋章,纪念章 vi. 获得奖章