影视剧中的职场美语 第111期:谈论出差
日期:2014-06-10 17:17

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Drop Dead Diva,《美女上错身》


Good morning.

早安!

Good morning.

早安!

Casual Wednesday?

周三便服日?

Oh. I've got a...business trip…in Palm Springs for...

喔,我有个…公差…在棕榈泉,是为了…

Continuing legal education?

进修法律课程?

Yes. That. What you just said.

对,正是,你说中了。

You mind if the new guy rides shotgun on this one?

新来的做我副手你介意吗?

Good thinking, Kaswell. We can bill him out, and you can show him the ropes,

不错的想法,,卡斯沃。我们要看这新人表现如何,你也可以顺便教他几招。

Seriously, are all your clothes at the dry cleaners again?

说真的,你的衣服又全部送干洗店了?

Um,I'm fine.

咙,我很好啊。

Let's get you into something a little less comfortable.

让我们使你稍微不舒服一点儿吧。

I'm taking the day off, Teri.

我今天想休假,泰瑞。

Yeah, right. Since when do you say the words “day off”?

嗯,好啊。你什么时候会说“休假”这两个字了?

I just came in to get my paycheck Speaking of which, where do I get my paycheck?

我只是来领薪水,讲到这个,支票要去哪里拿?

Bingum...You look different.

比噶姆…你变了,

Did you do something to your hair?

是发型的关系吗?

No, I...

不,我…

职场美语

I will go on business next month on behalf of our company.

我下个月要代表公司出差。

Sounds good! Don't let our boss down.

听起来不错!不要让我们老板失望。

On this trip I have to visit several important customers.

这次出差我要拜访几位重要客户。

Don't let our boss down.

不要让我们老板失望。

重点讲解

Don't disappoint our boss.

Don't let our boss down.

down这里的意思是“情绪低落,消沉”,如:I've been feeling down since I lost my job.(自从失去工作后,我的情绪一直处于低潮。)而let sb.down是习语, 意为“让某人失望”,如:This machine won't let you down.(这部机器不会出毛病,你尽管放心。)

分享到
重点单词
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • disappointv. 使 ... 失望