影视剧中的职场美语 第102期:项目期限
日期:2014-05-27 16:30

(单词翻译:单击)

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》


Okay, I think you've got it Now print up those proofs and get them to graphics A.S.A.P.

好了,我想你们都搞定了。把样片都印出来然后拿去给平面部,越快越好。

We have a midnight deadline, people.

我们凌晨前都要搞定,各位。快点,动起来!

Come on, let's move! Wilhelminar I see someone's enjoying her new role.

好像有人很是享受她的新角色嘛。

Love what you did with the office.

你把办公室弄得还真让人喜欢。

And I read your letter for the magazine—brilliant.

我读了你给杂志写的文章,真是一才华横溢。

A scathing indictment of dear old Dad.

对亲爱的老父亲的严厉指控。

And you're looking at the new cover. Think Daddy'll like it?

你现在正在看的是杂志的新封面。你觉得爸爸会不会喜欢?

He is a breast man. Just don't know whether he,ll like them on his son.Perfect.

他喜欢“波涛汹涌”,只是不知道他是否喜欢自己儿子的。完美。

Is it, uh, safe to assume that Daniel is not aware of any of this?

是不是,呃,可以安全地假定,丹尼尔现在还对此一无所知呢?

Oh, please. Daniel's clueless.

噢,得了吧,丹尼尔什么都不知道。

He won't even know this is happening until the issue hits the stands.

在期刊风靡各个报刊亭之前他是不会知道的。

Now I have to go change my clothes.

现在我得去换衣服了,

I have a million things to do before tonight.

今晚真是好多事情要做。

It's almost scary how easy this is.

如此容易得手,真是令人有点不安。

You are evil. I'm so going as you for Halloween!

你是恶魔。我万圣节一定要打扮成你!

职场美语

Sorry. I have to go now. I've got a deadline to meet.

对不起,我得走了,交工的最后期限要到了。

Oh, stay. The party's only just started.

啊,留下吧o派对才刚刚开始呢。

You want to come out and have a little chat?

你想出来聊天吗?

I'd love to, but I have to go back to work. I ve got a deadline to meet.

我很想,但是我得继续工作了,因为最后期限要到了。

重点讲解

I have to finish the work on time.

I've got a deadline to meet.

deadline,即“最后期限,截止期限”。这是一个很形象的詞,字面上的意思是“死线“,似乎在说:After that time, you're dead.(过了那个时间,你可就死定啦。)上面老师教的意思是正确的,但是用起来稍显死板。也可以说:I am on a deadline.我得赶着最后期限前完成。如果还有一点时间可以通融一下,这个时间段被称为:grace period宽限期。

分享到
重点单词
  • scathingadj. 严厉的,尖刻的 动词scathe的现在分词形式
  • brilliantadj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的 n. 宝石
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • assumevt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为
  • indictmentn. 控告;起诉书
  • gracen. 优美,优雅,恩惠 vt. 使荣耀,使优美