影视剧中的职场美语 第27期:职位调动
日期:2014-01-22 16:50

(单词翻译:单击)

经典再现

Is it racist that I took you to an Indian restaurant?
带你来印度餐厅算是种族歧视吗 ?
It's okay, I like Indian food.
没关系 我喜欢印度菜。
Or as you probably call it back home, "food."
或者你可以宾至如归地称它为"家乡菜"。
Why didn't you wear your contacts?
你为什么不戴隐形眼镜了?
Don't you like them?
不喜欢吗?
No, no, I do.
不 不 我喜欢。
It's just I knew I was having curry tonight.
只是我知道今晚要吃咖喱。
and I only want one part of my body to burn at a time.
一个部位的灼痛就够我应付的了。
You know...
知道吗…
my company offered me a position here in Los Angeles.
公司向我提供了一个职位 就在洛杉矶 ...
Does that mean you'd relocate here permanently?
那意味着你会在这里定居了吗?
Maybe. What do you think?
也许吧 你觉得怎样?
I love it.
双手赞成。
That's great!
太棒了!
Hi!
吃着呢。
Hi! Just hang on.
等我一下
Small world.
世界真小啊。

身临其境练一练

本段对话选自The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》

职场美语

Contratulations,fella.I heard you'll be promoted.
恭喜啊老兄,听说你要升职了。
You are kidding me.
你在开我的玩笑吧。
No,I'm not.I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth.
没有,我不是开玩笑,这个消息千真万确。

I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth.You are going to transfer to the marketing team.
我收到准确消息,你要被转到市场部啦!
No way.I'm so excited.
不会吧。我好激动啊!

精讲部分

This is absolutely true.
I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth.
straight from the horse's mouth常用来形容“消息绝对可靠”。据说,马的乳门齿,乳中齿会随着年岁的增长被永久门齿,永久中齿依次顶落,而且马的切齿由于进食也会受到磨损,所以有经验的驯马师常通过马的牙齿来获知马的年龄。日常生活中,straight from the horse's mouth更常用来形容“消息等直接来自当事人”,表示绝对可靠。Tip原指关于赛马的内部消息,引申为“内部情报,秘密消息”。

分享到
重点单词
  • relocatev. 重新装置,再配置,放在新地方
  • permanentlyadv. 永久地
  • transfern. 迁移,移动,换车 v. 转移,调转,调任
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地