情景喜剧《查莉成长日记》第1季 第49期:那小鬼在打什么算盘
日期:2014-05-10 16:08

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Hey, dad.
嘿,老爸
Hey.

You're taking care of Charlie tomorrow afternoon, right?
明天下午是你要照看查莉的,对吧
I believe I am.
我想是轮到我了
You know, I was thinking maybe she should come to work with me.
你看,我在想也许可以带着她一起去送外卖
Why?
为什么
Because I feel I didn't do enough to help out When Teddy and Gabe were babies.
因为我觉得在泰迪和盖比小的时候,我都没有怎么帮上足够的忙
Enough? You didn't do anything.
你说足够吗?你根本就没帮忙
I know.
我知道
And it haunts me.
现在我觉得内疚了
It haunts you?
你还会为这个内疚啊
Yes.
真的呀
That's why I have to make it up to you with Charlie.
所以我想通过照顾查莉来补偿你们
Okay.
行啊
I'll miss you, dad.
我会想你的,老爸
Oh, that boy's up to something.I should probably get into this.
哦,那小鬼肯定在打什么小算盘。看来我得去管管这事儿
Eh, he's all the way upstairs.
算了,反正他就在楼上跑不掉

影视精讲


help out 帮忙处理;帮助解决难题
Today, few children in the countryside help out with farming.
现在的农村孩子也很少去参与稼穑了。
They promised to help out with the preparation.
他们都保证帮我做准备工作。

it haunts me.我觉得内疚了;haunt:时常萦绕心头,使困窘
Fear and terror will always haunt me.
恐惧和恐怖会一直困扰着我。

make up to 补偿,巴结,拍马屁
How can we make up to you for what you have suffered?
我们如何补偿你所遭受的损害?
The way Charles tried to make up to the boss was distasteful to the workers.
工人们很看不惯查尔斯想巴结老板的那种样子。

分享到
重点单词
  • hauntn. 常到的地方 vt. 常到,缠住,出没(像鬼魂一样)
  • terrorn. 恐怖,惊骇,令人惧怕或讨厌的人或事物