情景喜剧《查莉成长日记》第1季 第36期:有关老爸唯一的囧事
日期:2014-04-03 16:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Mom.


What?

咋啦

What are you doing?

你在干什么呀

Squeezing in my cardio, working up a sweat.

流点儿汗 锻炼一下心肌功能

Okay. Well, can you sweat on P.J.'s sandwich?

那很好 您能不能把汗流到PJ的三明治上

Gotta feel the burn.

我要燃烧了

Gotta buy my lunch!

我要自己去买午餐了

Hey, honey. Honey!

嘿 亲爱的 亲爱的

What?

咋啦

I'm leaving for work.

我要去上班了

come on, Give me a kiss.

过来亲我一下让我走吧

Catch me if you can.

想亲就来抓我呀

I've kissed you enough already.

反正也亲得够多了 又不差这一次

Wow, I guess it's true:

看来这还真的是真理

Breakfast is the most disturbing meal of the day.

一日三餐中早餐最让人操心了

Wait. Whoa whoa whoa. Bob, wait.

等等 喂 喂 喂 鲍伯

I forgot to tell you something.

有件事忘了跟你讲

It's about your Uncle Mel... he called.

是你那梅尔叔叔 他之前打过电话

I don't wanna hear it.

我可不想听这个

Oh, come on! He begged me to pass on the message.

听听看嘛 他求我给你传个话来着

Thank you, and now I'm going to pass on the message.

那谢谢你 风很大 听不见

Who's Uncle Mel?

梅尔叔叔是谁啊

Somebody you'll never know.

一个你永远不会认识的人

He's your father's uncle.

他是你爸的叔叔

Okay, so you told me about Uncle Stanley

得了 你连那个古怪的斯坦利叔叔

Who knits sweaters for his cats,

给他家小猫织毛衣的事都告诉我了

But you didn't want to tell me about Uncle Mel?

却仍然不能告诉我谁是梅尔大叔吗

Because, Teddy, if you don't have

因为啊 泰迪 要是你对一个人的评价

Anything nice to say about someone,

没有任何一句好话时

Then don't say anything at all.

那还是对他一字不提的好

And Mel's an idiot.

再说梅尔他就是个大傻子

Okay, mom, tell me about Uncle Mel.

好了 妈妈 快跟我讲讲这个梅尔大叔

Well, he and your father had

是这样的 他跟你爸

Some kind of falling out. That's all I know.

有一段不堪回首的过去 这是我仅知道的

Isn't there some way we can find out more?

难道我们就没有办法搞清楚吗

This is the first interesting thing about dad since...

这可是自从啥时候开始 有关老爸唯一的囧事呢

Well, this is the first interesting thing about dad.

好了 其实根本就是老爸这辈子唯一有趣的事儿

Honey, trust me. I've learned the hard way:

宝贝 相信我吧 我可是有过前车之鉴的

When it comes to Duncan family drama,

看到任何有关邓肯家的家庭伦理八点档

Stay out.

躲远点吧

Are there any other Surprise relatives

那咱家还有没有其他什么意外惊喜的亲戚

you want to tell me about?

你想要讲给我听的啊

No.

没啊

No.

真的没


影视精讲

1. leave for

动身去

eg. My brother has just left Sydney for a tour of the world.

我哥哥刚离开悉尼去周游世界。

eg. Let's leave the discussion for the next week.

各位下周进行讨论吧。

2. pass on

传递;继续;去世

eg. If you want to pass on values to your team, start by defining what those values mean to you.

如果你需要在你的团队传递价值观,你需要从定义那些价值观对你来说意味着什么开始 。

eg. But one big change is the last question: how do I pass on the cost?

但是一个较大的变化是最后一个问题:如何传递成本?

3. the hard way

艰难地;避易就难地

eg. Today, the lessons the media industry is learning the hard way are instructive to any organization.

今天的经验告诉我们,传媒业艰难的变革之路对任何组织都是有益的。

eg. As that country learned the hard way, a functioning tax code can be as essential as an effective military and police force.

希腊体验到了,采用有效力的税法这种强硬的方式,可以起到有效的军队和警察一样重要的作用。

分享到
重点单词
  • sweatn. 汗,汗水 v. (使)出汗 n. (凝结在物
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • effectiveadj. 有效的,有影响的
  • disturbingadj. 烦扰的;令人不安的 v. 干扰;打断(dist
  • essentialn. 要素,要点 adj. 必要的,重要的,本质的