情景喜剧《查莉成长日记》第1季 第18期:去扮威米吧!
日期:2014-02-18 17:42

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Hey, what did you do to your mother?

嘿 你对你妈妈做了什么

I told her I didn' want to be a Wammy.

我告诉她我不想扮威米

I was just being honest with her.

我只是对她坦诚而已

Honest? What are you thinking?

坦诚 你在想什么

How's she taking it?

她感觉怎么样

Not well.

不好

She's lying in bed with her Wammy head on,

她戴着威米头躺在床上

Stuffing tissues up her snout.

用纸巾堵她的鼻孔

I don't know.

我不知道

Maybe being Wammy was cool when you guys were in school...

也许在你们上学时 当威米是件很酷的事

Are you kidding me? It was never cool.

你是在开玩笑吗 它从来都没酷过

Your mom just didn't know that.

你妈妈只是不知道这一点

How could she not know that?

她怎么会不知道这个呢

Did she spend all four years of high school wearing that giant head?

难道她高中四年都戴着那个巨大的威米头吗

It was her yearbook picture.

威米是她毕业年鉴上的形象

Look, Teddy, if you don't go to that big game

听着 Teddy 如果你不去参加那个比赛

There's gonna be no Wammy,

威米羊就不会出现了

And that is gonna break your mother's heart.

而这会伤透你妈妈的心

Dad, I just don't want to look stupid.

爸 我只是不想让人看起来笨头笨脑的

Look, you're gonna let your mom and everybody at school down

听着 仅仅因为你害怕自己看起来笨头笨脑

Because you're afraid of looking stupid?

你就要让妈妈和学校的每个人失望吗

Yes, thank you for understanding.

是的 谢谢你的理解

Honey, I'm not gonna tell you what to do.

亲爱的 我不会告诉你应该怎么做

But just remember,

但你要记住

Sometimes the right decision

有时候正确的决定

Can feel like the wrong decision.

看起来会像错误的决定

And the hard decision can be the best decision.

而艰难的决定可能是最佳抉择

But the good decision...

但是好的决定

Oh, come on, please just be Wammy!

噢 拜托 去扮威米吧

影视精讲


1. let sb. down

使失望

eg. And He has never let me down.

他也从来没有让我失望过。

eg. You desperately let me down!

你太让我失望了!

2. break one's heart

使某人心碎

eg. It would break my heart if any members of my family moved far away.

要是家里有任何人搬到远方,我会非常难过的。

eg. Some stories just break your heart on every level, like this tragic one.

有些故事会让你痛彻心扉,这像下面说的这个悲剧一样。

3. afraid of

害怕

eg. There's nothing to be afraid of.

没有什么可怕的。

eg. I'm afraid of mucking up your plan.

我担心会打乱你的计划。

分享到