(单词翻译:单击)
试听正文
中英对白
Marc,why didn't you tell me that you moved out of my apartment?
Marc 你为什么没跟我提过你已经搬出我的公寓了
God,who can remember? That was months ago.
天哪 谁还记得都是几个月前的事了
A hundred words, on Wilhelmina's desk, by the end of the day.
今天内完成100字的评论 交到Wilhelmina桌上
No! What is that?
不 这又是啥
Something for the hair... I think.
往头发上抹的东西吧 我想
It's fine,I guess.I'm doing my own thing now,and I'm very proud of it.
应该是 没问题 这是我的本职工作 而且我也很引以为豪
Oh! Another hit. I have my own blog.
哦 又有一次点击 我有自己的博客啦
Aw! Welcome to six years ago.
哦 欢迎回到六年前
That was uncalled for. Aw! Welcome to two years ago.
刚太刻薄了 哦 欢迎回到两年前
Thank you. Hey, quitter. Pansy.
谢谢 嘿 懒人 娘娘腔
I got three hits, and one of them said, you inspired me.
有三人点击了其中一个说 你激励了我
Congratulations. I saw that. Wait. Was that you?
恭喜啊 我看到了 等下 不会是你留的吧
It was, and actually, that's why I'm here.
没错 其实吧 这就是我来的原因
You have a minute? Sure.
你有空吗 当然
台词精讲
Betty: I'm doing my own thing now,and I'm very proud of it.
口语句型:Sb. does his own thing. 某人做其本职工作。
短语注释:proud of是形容词短语,意思是“以......为荣,以......为骄傲”。例如:
Heyward was proud of his social status and friendships in high places. 对于自己的社会地位和那些要人朋友,海沃德是很自豪的。
He was too proud of the primacy of his intelligence to listen. 他太自负,以其智力过人而不好好听。
Marc: That was uncalled for.
词汇注释:uncalled是形容词,意思是“为叫到的,未被邀请的”。它与介词for连用表示“不必要的”“没有理由的”或“不合适的”的意思。例如:
That last remark is uncalled for, out of order, and you will please withdraw it. 那句话是不必要的,是不妥当的,请你收回。
Your remarks on that occasion were quite uncalled for. 你在那个场合说的一席话真是不合时宜。
Marc: Hey, quitter.
词汇精讲:quitter是名词,是指“轻易放弃的人”“无志气的人”或“懒人”。其英文解释为:a person who gives up easily and does not finish a task they have started。例如:
I am never a quitter and I never give up until the job is done. 我的性格不允许我轻易放弃,在一项工作完成之前,我绝对不会中途放弃。
I've asked you to do this for me because I know you're not a quitter. 我要求你为我做这件事, 因为我知道你做事不虎头蛇尾。
Betty: I got three hits, and one of them said you inspired me.
口语句型:Sb. gets +基数词+hit.
在网络时代,人们经常在网站或者是自己的博客里发表文章,就会有人去阅读,有几个人看了,就是网络中术语“点击率”。上面的句型表达的意思就是“某人的文章得到了几个点击率。”
e.g. I published a essay in my blog and I have got thousands of hit so far. 我在我博客上发表了一篇文章,得到了成千上万的点击率。
Matt: You have a minute?
口语讲解:“You have a minute?”这句话经常用来询问某人有点空闲时间没有,希望能占用对方一点时间说些自己要说的事情。Have a minute的本意就是“有点时间”。