吃透职场美剧《丑女贝蒂》第220期:我痛并快乐着
日期:2013-08-05 10:48

(单词翻译:单击)

试听正文

特别声明

该节目由可可原创,台词为可可编辑整理,台词讲解为可可编辑编写。

视频出处

以下片段出自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第八集。

影视片花

中英对白

Hilda. You know, I never got into all the Saint stuff, Betty.

希尔达 贝蒂 你知道的 我从不相信因果报应

Well, it... it never made sense to me.

我从不相信这些

They all looked so happy suffering.But... Now I get it.

这些蜡烛痛并快乐着 可是现在我明白了

What I did with Bobby... What I did to Archie...

我和波比所做所为 我对阿奇造成的伤害

I'm a bad person. I... I want to suffer. I deserve it.

我是个坏人 我想受到惩罚 我罪有应得

I.. I wish that someone would peel my skin off

我希望有人扒我的皮

or drag me behind a bunch of horses

或者把我五马分尸

or make me swallow coals, you know?

或者让我吞火炭 你明白吗

Are you absolutely sure that it's not...

你确信他不是

Yeah, he's been really busy with the campaign.

是的 他忙于竞选

These aren't about the baby, by the way.

这不是孩子的问题

I've been lighting them all week.

我已经点着这些蜡烛一周了

I just... I needed some sign, you know,

我只是想得到某种启示 你明白吗

about whether or not I should break up with such a good guy.

我该不该和如此优秀的男人分手

Well, I got my sign. I don't belong with Archie.

现在我得到启示了 我不适合阿奇

I just... I don't know if I'm gonna have the guts to tell him.

我只是不知道我是否有勇气向他坦承一切

Hilda. Maybe you didn't make the best choice...

希尔达 也许你没有做出最佳选择

but you are a really good person.

可你是个真正的好人

And you don't deserve to suffer.

你不该承受这一切

Thanks.But you know you still have to tell Archie

谢谢 不过你还是得告诉阿奇

that you don't want to be with him, right?

你要和他分手

Really? Couldn't you just peel my skin off?

不是吧 你把我皮扒了得了

Can I come in?

我可以进来吗

I'm gonna leave you two alone.

你们俩个单独谈谈吧

重点讲解

Script: Well, it... it never made sense to me.

【要点讲解】make sense

(1)有意义,讲得通

e.g. This sentence doesn't make any sense.

这个句子没有意义。

e.g. His logic is too loose to make much sense.

他的推理太不严密,没什么道理。

(2)是明智的, 是合情合理的

e.g. It would make sense to leave early.

还是早点走好。

The more I try to make sense, the wilder it all gets.

我越是想理智一点,可是心里越乱的厉害。

(3) 理解

e.g. Can you make sense out of what this book says?

你能理解这本书的内容吗?

e.g. We couldn't make any sense of his sudden outburst.

我们被他这没头没脑的话给弄愣了。

Script: I.. I wish that someone would peel my skin off...

【要点解析】peel off

(1)去皮

e.g. Peel off the skin before you eat the orange.

吃橘子前先去果皮。

(2)脱掉,取掉(衣物等)

e.g. It's hot here, and I think I'll peel off my jacket.

这里太热, 我想把上衣脱掉。

e.g. He turned back to peel off his gloves.

他又转回身来肥手套脱下来.

(3)脱落,撕下

e.g. It took me two days to peel off the labels.

我花了两天时间才揭下这些标签。

e.g. The label will peel off if you soak it in water.

那标签用水浸湿即可脱落。

Script: Yeah, he's been really busy with the campaign.

要点解析】be busy with:忙于......

e.g. Lucy was busy with the adornment of her room.

露西正忙着布置她的房间。

e.g. We haven 't had time. We've been too busy with trivial matters!

我们尽忙着鸡毛蒜皮的事,还没顾上呢!

Script: I just... I needed some sign, you know, about whether or not I should break up with such a good guy.

【要点解析】break up

(1)(使)分裂;(被)拆分;(使)破碎

e.g. Civil war could come if the country breaks up.

如果国家分裂就会爆发内战。

e.g. There was a danger of the ship breaking up completely.

这艘船有彻底解体的危险。

(2)(恋人)分手;(夫妻)结束关系

e.g. My girlfriend had broken up with me.

我的女朋友已跟我分手了。

e.g. He felt appalled by the whole idea of marriage so we broke up.

他被结婚的想法吓住了,因此我们分了手。

(3)(婚姻关系)破裂;结束(婚姻关系)

e.g. MPs say they work too hard and that is why so many of their marriages break up.

国会议员们声称他们工作过于辛劳,因而导致他们当中很多人婚姻破裂。

e.g. Fred has given me no good reason for wanting to break up our marriage.

弗雷德没能给我一个想要结束我们婚姻的正当理由。

4.(学校或学生)放假

e.g. It's the last week before they break up, and they're doing all kinds of Christmas things.

这是放假前的最后一周,他们正在为圣诞节作各种准备。

Script: Well, I got my sign. I don't belong with Archie.

【要点解析】belong with

(1)属于, 归于

e.g.He is a philosopher who belongs with Dewey.

他是和杜威同属于一派的哲学家。

(2)与...... 有关

e.g.Poetry belongs with music.

诗歌与音乐相近。

(3)与......住在一起,与......相处

e.g. He belongs with his father.

他和他的父亲住在一起。

e.g. Show her she doesn't belong with plebs!

让她知道她不适合和普通人在一起!

Script: I just... I don't know if I'm gonna have the guts to tell him.

【要点解析】have the guts:有勇气

e.g. But he didn't have the guts to just go ahead and do his own dirty work.

但是他又没有胆量直截了当地进行他这种卑鄙的勾当。

e.g. I don't think you'd have the guts to pull a fast one.

我谅你也不敢捣鬼。

e.g. I am afraid I do not have the guts to go up to the boss and tell him what I ought to do.

我想我没有胆量去找老板并告诉他我该说的话。

分享到
重点单词
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • logicn. 逻辑,逻辑学,条理性,推理
  • scriptn. 手稿,脚本,手迹 vt. 为...准备手稿
  • campaignn. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动 v. 从事运动,参加竞
  • swallown. 燕子,吞咽,一次吞咽的量 vt. 吞下,咽下,忍受
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • adornmentn. 装饰,装饰品
  • trivialadj. 琐碎的,不重要的
  • saintn. 圣人,圣徒 vt. 把 ... 封为圣人