(单词翻译:单击)
试听正文
特别声明:
该节目由可可原创,讲解由可可签约编辑编写。
视频出处:
本期影视片花选自《丑女贝蒂》第四季第五集。
影视片花:
台词欣赏:
Why the hell was pasty-face hugging me and mumbling something about Tibet?
为什么糨糊脸要拥抱我 说些关于西藏的东西
Oh, um, that might...be because you're being honored at the annual "Style Cares" charity event. Why?
那个可能是因为你被授予年度时尚慈善奖 为什么
Uh, because you...mm... you give a lot of money to orphans in Tibet.
因为你向西藏的孤儿捐助了一大笔钱
When? Over the past five years. How?
什么时候 过去五年间 怎么捐的
Uh, through a tax-deductible charitable foundation set up by your accountant and someone.
通过一个由你的会计师和什么人建立的免税慈善基金
Who? Me. But I only did it because your accountant told me to.
谁 是我 但是我这么做是你的会计师要求的
But the good news, you don't have to traipse across town to some tired old ballroom for event
好消息是 你不需要穿过整个城市去一个破旧的礼堂参加颁奖典礼
because the honoree always hosts the event in their own home.
因为获奖人会在自己家中举办典礼
so that more money can go to the orphans.
就可以有更多的钱可以捐给孤儿们
When, exactly, were you going to tell me about all of this?
你是打算什么时候再告诉我这些
The day before the event. So you'd have less time to hit me.
典礼前一天 那样你就没有时间打我了
Think of the tiny baby orphans...and your public image.
想一想可怜的孤儿小宝宝 还有你的公众形象
I suppose you made a good point about my public image
我想关于我的公众形象你说得没错
But who the hell would get excited about a charity event?
但是谁会为慈善典礼而感到兴奋
重点讲解
第一、词汇串烧
1 pasty adj.浆糊的
2 mumble vi. 含糊地说,咕哝
范例:She mumbled that she didn't want to get up yet.
她咕哝着说还不想起床。
He always mumbles when he's embarrassed.
他感到难为情时说话就含糊不清了。
3 annual adj. 年度的
范例:The firm has an annual turnover of 75 million.
这家公司的年营业额为7500万英镑。
4 honored adj. 感到荣幸的,受尊敬的
范例:I feel highly honored by your kindness.
您的好意使我感到莫大的光荣。
5 charity n. 慈善
6. ax-deductible n.免税的
7. charitable adj. 慈善的
8 foundation n. 基金会
9 honoree n. 获奖人
10 tiny adj. 微小的
第二、短语精讲
1. get excited about:因......而激动
范例:The dealers hadn't had anything to get excited about for years.
多少年来,承销商已没有遇到过这样使他们激动的东西了。
Don' t get excited about the examination ; keep cool.
不要对考试太激动,沉着点。
Your first bonus is nothing to get excited about.
不值得因首次得奖金而激动。
Go easy, dear, there's nothing to get excited about.
冷静些,亲爱的,没有什么可以紧张的。
2. mumble about:含糊地说某事
范例:What are you mumbling about? I can't understand a word!
你叽里咕噜说什麽呀? 我一句也听不懂!
He mumbled something to me which I didn't quite catch.
他对我叽咕了几句话, 可我没太听清楚。
3. be honored at:因.....感到荣誉,因.....受人尊敬
范例:The global winner is honored at the annual Rotary International Convention.
全球优胜者是在国际扶轮年会中来表扬。
4. set up:建立
范例:They set up many branches throughout the country.
他们在全国建立好多分公司。
He set up twenty-two task forces.
他设立了二十二个特别工作组。
Our employee once decided to set up a credit fund.
有一次,我们的职工决定要设立一笔贷款基金。
I set up a separate department for George to oversee quality.
我设立了一个单独的部门,由乔治负责管质量。
5. make a good point about:就某事说得对
范例:You make a good point about the pollution problem in the world.
你说得很对,污染是一个世界问题。
6. think of:想起
范例:I blush to think of such conduct.
想起这样的行为,我感到羞愧。
Did she not sometimes think of that old time of the wine and roses?
她不知会不会有时怀念当年风花雪月的美好情景?
第三、泛讲短语
1. a charity event:慈善事业
2. a charitable foundation:慈善基金会
3. give money to somebody through:通过......给钱给某人
4. host the event:举办典礼
5. one’s public image:公众形象